Ended Official BYC Mini Contest - Funny poultry faces and poses

Pics
20160806_075129.jpg

New flock members, my 1st submission...
I came across these 6 at the local Rural King on clearance for 50 cents each due to being about a month old. I really wasn't wanting to get more chickens with winter coming on. I tried helping the girl assigned to the area find homes for them by asking everyone that approached the chicks if they wanted to take them home to no avail. Well, my boyfriend finally caught up with me (he knows my favorite place to be in the store) and the girl asked him about them. He replied that he could tell I really wanted them, he walked away leaving me to decide. As you can see, they came home with me but not after nearly 30 minutes of debating myself. They were listed as buff Brahma chicks on the boxes and were in a pen with Prairie Bluebells so I didn't really pay attention to the feet. After getting them settled in the nursery/storage room of the coop, I noticed they're feet weren't feathered. They are the Prairie Bluebells that lay blue eggs. I just hope there's no more than 2 roosters being they were straight run. I already have 7 roosters.

20191126_105735.jpg

Back
Top Bottom