Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest - What’s Your Hobby

Pics
Thank you so much!! :hugs

I am big on rock collecting too, I am constantly picking up pretty stones, odd looking rocks and out here occasionally I find ancient artifacts that at first glance just look like stones but turn out to be scraping tools or even parts of or entire arrowheads. Even found some dinosaur bones a couple times!

*not an entry *

Wow 😮 dinosaur 🦕 bones

I love the Apron!!
Thank you! :love I recently listed some more fabric styles over HERE .

Looks like you are wearing one also and it looks very bright, sunny, and happy! I'd love to see a bigger picture of it. Since making and wearing egg aprons I feel like such a bonafide chicken person...never mind I've already had chickens for 15 years! :gig

Thank you! :love I recently listed some more fabric styles over HERE .

Looks like you are wearing one also and it looks very bright, sunny, and happy! I'd love to see a bigger picture of it. Since making and wearing egg aprons I feel like such a bonafide chicken person...never mind I've already had chickens for 15 years! :gig

You're not a genuine chicken tender until you have a specialized apron to collect your eggs! lol
So, hello everyone, I've had chickens on and off since I was like...5 but it's finally official because I have an apron!!!! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

This Spring in quarantine, I found myself stuck inside a lot. I wanted to find something to do, and make myself busy, so I started to spend more time outside. I’ve always known our property has a lot of 4 leaf clovers, which was a mutation probably spread over time by bees and such. However, as these clovers started to thrive, I noticed just how MANY of these mutated clovers there where! As something to do, I started hunting them while I was outside. I’m not the world's best at preserving these things, (some of them turned copper!) but I found a LOT of them over just 2 weeks in March. 372! That’s also including 1 Seven leaf clover, 5 Six Leaf Clovers, and 16 Five leaf clovers. I’ve found that some spots adapted to this crazy gene more than others, and one area around a drainpipe had more mutated clovers than regular 3 leaf ones!

here are some pictures. I taped them all down in a notebook, they filled up quite a few pages!
6164D1E3-00B4-436D-A9E6-3E523B8FA9EE.jpeg

This one I found growing in a bush, it’s almost the size of my palm!
8CABBDE9-CB07-4FD8-9D6C-5A5244C313CE.jpeg

F8A852D9-F3CB-43C6-8974-6952380C373E.jpeg
38401D10-DCBA-437B-A48C-3FDA52CA436A.jpeg

It is an interesting, and unusual Hobby I thought I would share!

Last edited:
It's a special feeling to find ancient things, it's as if you are momentarily transported back into the past, a window gets opened for you and you were lucky enough to be the one to get to step through.

That sentence reminds me of...
Gulf of Mexico white sand beaches
(I have been on from Alabama to ft Walton beach / destin Florida)
Collecting sea shells 🐚 of various sizes and shapes (beautiful colors) over the years,
watching the tiny critters that live in the shells dig back into the sand when the waves 🌊 surf dug them up,
chasing sand crabs 🦀,
finding whole sand dollars,
having a baby shark swim by me & a sting ray & jelly fish

That sentence reminds me of...
Gulf of Mexico white sand beaches
(I have been on from Alabama to ft Walton beach / destin Florida)
Collecting sea shells 🐚 of various sizes and shapes (beautiful colors) over the years,
watching the tiny critters that live in the shells dig back into the sand when the waves 🌊 surf dug them up,
chasing sand crabs 🦀,
finding whole sand dollars,
having a baby shark swim by me & a sting ray & jelly fish
Baby Sharks?! :eek: Sounds scary but interesting!

I haven't been to the ocean since I was a little girl, but I remember running from big waves coming in, collecting seashells, my brother chasing me with live crabs, :rolleyes: it was all so much fun! I hope to get back to see the ocean before I am too old to get there! :D

Back
Top Bottom