Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest - What’s Your Hobby

Pics
I enjoy illusion knitting. You cant see image, only vertical stripes, when looking straight at it. Only when approaching or passing it does the image appear. Kinda crazy, the camera pucks up some of the image than the eys do looking straight at it! Bad photo glare on these pictures. I had to make it B&W. Hard to tell in pucture that it is praying hands.
View attachment 2428134View attachment 2428133
Wow! Very cool! 🥰🥰

Imma go ahead and list my 3rd.

I’ve mentioned taking care of animals, and photography, but my third is woodworking!
I love building nest boxes, and little things around the house that could be useful, and over the past few weeks I’ve been working on a model of a coop and run out of cardboard that I will be building in spring, and I’ve been working on instructions for it as well. The one I’ll be building in the spring I will hope to be able to hold ducks. I’ve taken into account almost everything. Here’s what I have so far on the model:

I think imma redo the coop though
28C2C113-5552-4C5B-863D-0781C2B38496.jpeg
B5DC7220-6EF0-4C92-8503-3A958258FF3D.jpeg
5C4EB61E-84A3-4211-976D-A80512206E26.jpeg
7B66A17E-55A7-4E0C-B3C1-EFEB1A469BC3.jpeg
43B09D39-EF77-4948-9437-BC048AD49E70.jpeg

91F8235A-121F-408E-AA66-9FBE2B9B5B2F.jpeg
229840A3-32CA-4BEE-A56B-940E92E82D43.jpeg

37D6DFE5-C935-43C1-A466-B7009AA958D2.jpeg
My hobbies are “Treasure“ hunting, photography, target shooting and singing. I snorkel and drag kayak behind me and clean the lake my parents live on. I’ve been doing this for years! I come home when my kayak is full. It’s funny because you really need to hunt to find garbage but there’s so much of it. At the end of the summer it’s slim pickins but in the Spring it starts all over again. Many of the bottles are from the 1800s. I almost never find new garbage. The ice just moved things around and when it thaws I start again! Of course I recycle 99.9% of what I find. I’d say easily over a thousand bottles already. Target shooting is just so much fun. I’d like to try to start doing it competitively. Right now I’m in 2 women’s leagues but where I live there’s not lots of competitions. Anyway, it’sa nice way to make friends. I was playing soccer, then beach volleyball. But now that I’m getting older, this is physically easier lol.
I also am very into photography. I’m lazy though so I shoot with my phone, however I’ve got some great ones. My profile pic is the March Calendar photo for our Calendar here :) I post my pics on my IG page www.instagram.com/long_island_silkies_and_polish

Sourdough baking. I've played around with it for years, but was never very successful with it until I really got ambitious with it, actually a few months before the pandemic started. Building sourdough is a lot like raising plants. They're alive and must have the right environment to survive. I've found that recipes can give the right ingredients for a loaf, but timing can only be a suggestion. The dough tells you when it's time for the next step, not the clock. And the dough cares nothing for your well planned schedule. Most loaves take 2 days and it seems each one's reaction is different.
breads2.jpg breads3.jpg breads5.jpg breads4.jpg

Last edited:
#1 I love crocheting blankets for new babies in the family or for friends and family members. This was a Christmas gift for a friend who is a dog lover:

View attachment 2419075

I use a crochet hook and soft yarn to make scarves to wrap around the neck

After seeing your beautiful blanket I’m ashamed to say that I crochet scarves

(not an entry)

I use a crochet hook and soft yarn to make scarves to wrap around the neck

After seeing your beautiful blanket I’m ashamed to say that I crochet scarves
Scarves are like a warm hug on those cold days. My favorite scarf was made by a loved one. I continue to pass along her thoughts in making scarves also for people that need one.

Sourdough baking. I've played around with it for years, but was never very successful with it until I really got ambitious with it, actually a few months before the pandemic started. Building sourdough is a lot like raising plants. They're alive and must have the right environment to survive. I've found that recipes can give the right ingredients for a loaf, but timing can only be a suggestion. The dough tells you when it's time for the next step, not the clock. And the dough cares nothing for your well planned schedule. Most loaves take 2 days and it seems each one's reaction is different.
View attachment 2428763View attachment 2428764View attachment 2428767View attachment 2428771

Yeeeesss, real sourdough 🤗

I'm a birdwatcher!
I love being out in nature, it is my therapy (in addition to chicken keeping), and I learn something new each time! I enjoy the feeling of added a new species to my life list!
I get up early almost every morning to watch birds, even if it is freezing cold. I am not a morning person, so if you know me, this is a great sacrifice :lol:
I'm definitely better than I used to be! I'm a semi-expert in my area, but I love going on vacations to see new birds!

Everybody should birdwatch! ;)

Mobile has 2 parks on Mobile Bay 1 has a fishing pier and the other a boat ramp
And 1 park on Dog River that has a boat ramp
Also we have a causeway that crosses the bay with places to park
I go several times a month (used to go several times a week) weather permitting and watch pelicans and seagulls dive to get fish or just dive to float
Watch fish jump in the water
And see alligators (once in summer 2019) I saw 3 on the same visit

(not an entry)

Back
Top Bottom