Official BYC Poll: Excess eggs, what do you do with them?

What do you do with your excess eggs?

• Eat them

Votes: 304 59.4%
  • Hatch them

Votes: 108 21.1%
  • Sell them from home

Votes: 194 37.9%
  • Sell them at the farmers market

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • Give them away to family and friends

Votes: 375 73.2%
  • Donate them to church, a food bank, etc.

Votes: 65 12.7%
  • Pickle them

Votes: 51 10.0%
  • Feed them to other animals

Votes: 158 30.9%
  • Throw them away

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • Compost them

Votes: 26 5.1%
  • Sell them as hatching eggs

Votes: 36 7.0%
  • Don't have excess eggs

Votes: 49 9.6%
  • I buy my eggs

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Art & crafts

Votes: 25 4.9%
  • Other (please elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • Give away as hatching eggs

Votes: 23 4.5%
  • Feed them back to the birds

Votes: 144 28.1%
  • Freeze them

Votes: 40 7.8%
  • Dehydrate them

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • All of the above

Votes: 5 1.0%

• Total voters
Umm... I think I have spinach. Will probably have to make crust from scratch, have no frozen ones. Have no feta or cottage cheese, have mozzarella though. Hmmm. Lol this is like Guy's grocery games. I may have some baby foods, applesauce ... jk.
sounds yummy. How many eggs will you use?

@Alaskan made Quiche out of Quail eggs.... :th

I made several out of bantam eggs. 1.5 bantam eggs equals 1 standard egg. Spinach and ham and cheese... Swiss cheese and broccoli...

Now I am getting hungry.
Yum! Were you the one that pickled them?

Oh and the recipe I had used six eggs. buttermilk and what ever you want to add for veggies and meat.

So the bantam Quiche used Nine eggs. :th :gig

When I get guinea eggs again I want to do A quiche or two and an Omelette. Also Deviled eggs. They have more yolk than white and are a challange to peel but I have had them at a pot luck... To die for good.

deb

@Alaskan made Quiche out of Quail eggs.... :th

I made several out of bantam eggs. 1.5 bantam eggs equals 1 standard egg. Spinach and ham and cheese... Swiss cheese and broccoli...

Now I am getting hungry.

Hi, @perchie.girl :frow Have not seen you in ages! ❤ Are you all moved in? I bet you have a kickin' recipe for quiche! I am in bed but may post a recipe tomorrow. Can't sleep, getting off Ambien.

Hi, @perchie.girl :frow Have not seen you in ages! ❤ Are you all moved in? I bet you have a kickin'recipe for quiche! I am in bedbut may post a recipe tomorrow. Can't sleep, getting off Ambien.
Not moved in yet. I need to get out of this house (grandmas) and into my own. The art studio was my bedroom before so I am planning on moving in there in a few weeks.

But the Contractor is starting to put insulation under the floor before he covers it with a plywood sub floor. I am having the whole house done, at least the part that is on a crawl space. After thats done I get a new kitchen... Complete with a canning pantry large enough to cover all my storage needs including the upright freezer.

My health took a turn. Back issues. Doing physical therapy tomorrow.

deb

Hi, @perchie.girl :frow Have not seen you in ages! ❤ Are you all moved in? I bet you have a kickin' recipe for quiche! I am in bed but may post a recipe tomorrow. Can't sleep, getting off Ambien.
Awful to get dependant on drugs even over the counter stuff. I am ashamed to say I cant function without a steady stream of tylenol and Alieve. Getting exrays to find out whats going on in my back and planning to tackle that problem which ever way it goes.

Usually I would have a back hurting and all I needed was to get thrown off my horse. ::Snort::
oh well.

deb

Back
Top Bottom