Official BYC Poll - New Year New You...Resolution Time!

Pick one or pick a few, it's all up to YOU! Be sure to elaborate down below.

• Total voters
Pics
I’ve got the usual get in shape/eat better ones. But my major one is to maintain a around 13,000 square foot garden. This will provide a us with more than a enough for us for a year and plenty to give away! We had a 10,000 square foot one in 2020 and managed to maintain most of it and only a few areas got really out of hand but we want to expand this year.

Do you can food?

That's bigger than 10 of my house! Do you have help?

Our garden this year was only like a tenth of an acre and we didn't do as well as we had hoped, but we def did way better than previous years.

I’ve got the usual get in shape/eat better ones. But my major one is to maintain a around 13,000 square foot garden. This will provide a us with more than a enough for us for a year and plenty to give away! We had a 10,000 square foot one in 2020 and managed to maintain most of it and only a few areas got really out of hand but we want to expand this year.
Mine is 250 SF and I can barely keep up. :bow

They say....choose achievable goals.....

For me that means getting things in the right order so I am starting with the easy things first.

Declutter. Yup getting all the unneeded "stuff" out of the way will make getting other things done easier.

Learn something new. That should ALWAYS be on the list. Knowledge is important in every aspect of life.

The next go hand in hand.
Quit smoking and spend less. Smoking is disgustingly expensive.

Then the BIG one. (Not on the list)
Finish any incomplete projects. I do nearly all the home maintenance here. There are several things on the "nearly done" list that eat at me.
Life is crazy. Time to do things is rare.
The plan is to make a list of 12 big things needing finished and get one done each month.

They say....choose achievable goals.....

For me that means getting things in the right order so I am starting with the easy things first.

Declutter. Yup getting all the unneeded "stuff" out of the way will make getting other things done easier.

Learn something new. That should ALWAYS be on the list. Knowledge is important in every aspect of life.

The next go hand in hand.
Quit smoking and spend less. Smoking is disgustingly expensive.

Then the BIG one. (Not on the list)
Finish any incomplete projects. I do nearly all the home maintenance here. There are several things on the "nearly done" list that eat at me.
Life is crazy. Time to do things is rare.
The plan is to make a list of 12 big things needing finished and get one done each month.
You can do it!

I don’t have a job at the moments so I have the time to spend 4-5 hours a day in the garden and my dad helps when he gets home we also ran a tiller between the rows to weed which was really bad for the soil. This year we’re going to lay down weed fabric and other mulch where we can. Just me without the equipment I’ve never managed more than 500 square feet.

My dad helps and we borrow a planter from the neighbor. I do most of the picking and we store it in the fridge or on the counter until the weekend when dad and the next door neighbor would can it.

That’s awesome that you have good neighbors that help and let you borrow stuff.

I’m not into gardening for food, I like flower gardening although I’ve never done that either.

My husband is the gardener while I’m the chicken keeper. If we ever get bees, he wants me to be the bee keeper. I love bees. I’ve never been stung in my life. I joke and say it’s cuz bees and I have a peace pact. This doesn’t include wasps or other bugs of that nature.

Another one for me is get in shape: I have asthma which is a great excuse for not exercising. I can lift weights fine but walking or running? I'm dead in a minute.
1608348216722.png
That was supposed to be a gif but it only put in an image...oh well.(not me btw😂)

Another one for me is get in shape: I have asthma which is a great excuse for not exercising. I can lift weights fine but walking or running? I'm dead in a minute.
View attachment 2455323
That was supposed to be a gif but it only put in an image...oh well.(not me btw😂)
:lau

Back
Top Bottom