Official BYC Poll: When You Travel, Who Looks After Your Chickens?

When You Travel, Who Looks After Your Chickens?

• I don't have chickens yet.

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • I don't travel! I don't want to leave my girls with anyone.

Votes: 26 14.3%
  • I have someone care for them in exchange for the free eggs!

Votes: 59 32.4%
  • I have someone care for them, but I pay them as well as give them the eggs!

Votes: 51 28.0%
  • I have someone care for them, but I don't let them take my eggs.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • I haven't needed to travel yet.

Votes: 31 17.0%

• Total voters
Pics
@BigBlueHen53 The Lord is good and he answers when you least expect it. A neighbor from the street away from mine came to bring her mother's baked banana bread for my husband and after we talked, she offered to come and checkk on the chicks. She lives a minute form me, has no chickens but had chickens when yournger with her mom who lives in the corner from both. She asked me to show her how far the coop was and she went in and saw everything and the girls outside and the ones in the coop. Angels in disguise!

@BigBlueHen53 The Lord is good and he answers when you least expect it. A neighbor from the street away from mine came to bring her mother's baked banana bread for my husband and after we talked, she offered to come and checkk on the chicks. She lives a minute form me, has no chickens but had chickens when yournger with her mom who lives in the corner from both. She asked me to show her how far the coop was and she went in and saw everything and the girls outside and the ones in the coop. Angels in disguise!
Amen to that! Dontcha just love it when our God takes care of a need ahead of time? :clap

It appears that my former pet sitter -- who moved out of the country, returned, then moved out of state, may be available this summer so I can travel to my favorite vacation spot -- the North Shore of Lake Superior.

She takes care of dogs, cats, sheep, goats and all the poultry FOR FREE because she likes to be out in the country!!

It appears that my former pet sitter -- who moved out of the country, returned, then moved out of state, may be available this summer so I can travel to my favorite vacation spot -- the North Shore of Lake Superior.

She takes care of dogs, cats, sheep, goats and all the poultry FOR FREE because she likes to be out in the country!!
I wish more people could do stuff for free. I will jump in and do things for free. But i still feel bad if i dont let them have 12 eggs if they come 2 days out of a 7 day trip to check on my chickens. Our neighbors insists that they dont grt paid for coming to check on the chickens, but everyone else i ask wants money in return. We were going to go on a family trip up to Door county and then a trip to lake Superior. But maybe next year. This year took a hit on my whole family already.

Back
Top Bottom