Official BYC Poll: Which waterer is better: Nipples or cups?

Which waterer is best for less mess?

• Total voters
Do you provide free samples of your nipple cups to bloggers or others to test and review? I would definitely be interested in testing them out.
I’m still working on a prototype for mass market but once that’s finished, everybody’s going to be reviewing my Superior Nipple Watering Cups.
I’ll run contest and the winners will get first dibs.

Would the cups still need cleaned out though because of dirt and other nasty stuff accumulating in them?

I wanted to go with a nipple system, perhaps with horizontal nipples for the older birds and vertical ones lower down for chicks. It would be hooked up to pressurized water so that I never had to worry about it running low. What do you think?

Would the cups still need cleaned out though because of dirt and other nasty stuff accumulating in them?

I wanted to go with a nipple system, perhaps with horizontal nipples for the older birds and vertical ones lower down for chicks. It would be hooked up to pressurized water so that I never had to worry about it running low. What do you think?
Yes, cups will need t be cleaned.
You'll need a pressure regulator for either type of nipples.

I always shy away from hooking up to pressurized water, perhaps it's being on well water and not wanting to come out to find something has malfunctioned. Using a 5 gallon bucket (or perhaps 2-3 depending on your flock size) and running a PVC pipe with your choice of water dispenser should provide plenty without risking a bunch of wasted water.

If you do a PVC pipe, add a ball valve on the end (instead of a cap) so you can drain the pipe and bucket if need be without having to lift anything heavy.

Back
Top Bottom