Ended Official BYC Valentine Puns Contest Series - Wattle I Do Without You? Photo Contest

Pics
Entry #2
IMG_3116.JPG

Where did you get your chicken? I got her from an old farm friend
How old is your chicken? About 8-10 months old
What's your chicken's name? Rocky
What breed is your chicken? Golden Comet

Entry #3
IMG_5190 (3).JPG

Where did you get your chicken? I got her from an old farm friend
How old is your chicken? About 8-10 months old
What's your chicken's name? Rocky
What breed is your chicken? Golden Comet
Other: In this picture I was trying something new by standing above my hens trying to get them to look up at me. Rocky got the most successful picture.

(This picture was slightly edited with some filters. I didn't see anywhere you said no edited pictures, so I hope that this ok. :))

SweetTea is a young cochin mix...and SO soft and fluffy round! I could hold her all day and she'd be okay with that!

She's a low-rider and has the most precious waddle ever. I've only had chickens for less than two years; she's the only hen, out of five, that has gone broody. And she's a natural mom. Such a love.
IMG_9879.jpg

SweetTea is a young cochin mix...and SO soft and fluffy round! I could hold her all day and she'd be okay with that!

She's a low-rider and has the most precious waddle ever. I've only had chickens for less than two years; she's the only hen, out of five, that has gone broody. And she's a natural mom. Such a love. View attachment 2511854

I love her pretty little flower necklace but the look on her face! It's the perfect face for "She's beauty, she's grace, she'll peck you in the face!" lol! :gig

Entry #3

This is my RIR hen, Maisie! I have had her for almost 5 years, and she has been a character from the start.
When she was a baby, she was the first of my 6 chicks to learn how to fly/jump. She would fly on top of their feeder and look down while the other babies desperately tried to get to her.
As she grew, she became my very best layer, and even now she still lays some eggs.
Now that she is getting older, she has become quite grumpy. She is the only one of my chickens that will peck me, and sometimes she will outright attack me!
She is so ferocious that my 8 month old EE cockerel is terrified of her. Every time he tries to dance for her or mount her, she chases him around and pecks him.
But, Maisie can also be very sweet. She was best friends with a BR I had named Oreo. Oreo had a hernia, and when it caused EYP I had to separate her from the flock. But, I brought Maisie along to keep Oreo company, and it was Maisie who alerted me when Oreo's condition crashed dramatically, hours before she died.
Maisie may be a bit grumpy and, at times, downright scary. But, she is also a wonderful chicken, and I love her very much.

Maisie pretty2 11:12:20.jpg

Entry One
Everyone meet my sweet girl, No Name. No Name is a name taken from a book series called His Dark Materials, where there was a harpy that called herself No Name. No Name was an Easter Egger, who unfortunately was taken from this earth too soon by a bear attack. Poor girl had the strongest squat reflex I had ever seen and was endlessly curious. She was laid to rest inside the garden fence, the place she always dreamed of being.
IMG_4033.jpg

Back
Top Bottom