Ended Official BYC Winter Contest Series—Chilly Coop Contest

Pics
You might not be able to tell, but I promise it’s cold☺️!:
5A71AE93-E8AB-4EC9-B812-CA1FA066AB8C.jpeg

Around the chicken pen we go and to the house where they stay warm with an extra little lodge. Made the run round because chickens can be mean, and so they won't be able to trap each other in the corners of the run. Most of the time they have full range of the whole yard.

View attachment 2502736View attachment 2502738View attachment 2502746View attachment 2502749View attachment 2502763View attachment 2502779View attachment 2502780View attachment 2502782View attachment 2502784View attachment 2502788
Brilliant idea to make it round!!! I love it! How many chickens do you have?

I like the last one the best - big insulating logs, and chickens in snow outside the Coop. Also the one of them enjoying bright winter day, Coop in background. You may need to enter them as a separate Posts?
They're fine the way they are. As they're of the same subject, it counts as 1 entry.

Brilliant idea to make it round!!! I love it! How many chickens do you have?
20 had twice as much but gave some to friends that wanted to start their own flock. our hens are so broody that they're constantly sitting on their eggs so we're constantly producing more than we can handle we have to take their eggs right away if not they'll sit on them. I had one sit on two and hatch them out.but I love that they're broody I've always wanted broody hens now I have them. ❤if I let them they'd be sitting all the time. I had one hide her clutch and had 24 chicks. 🐣🐥🐤and I love that I have no need for an incubator and they hatch naturally and the mother takes care of them and teaches them how to forage.

20 had twice as much but gave some to friends that wanted to start their own flock. our hens are so broody that they're constantly sitting on their eggs so we're constantly producing more than we can handle we have to take their eggs right away if not they'll sit on them. I had one sit on two and hatch them out.but I love that they're broody I've always wanted broody hens now I have them. ❤if I let them they'd be sitting all the time. I had one hide her clutch and had 24 chicks. 🐣🐥🐤and I love that I have no need for an incubator and they hatch naturally and the mother takes care of them and teaches them how to forage.
That sounds like so much fun! 24 chicks is A LOT! 😆And even cooler like you said that they do It naturally on their own. Thank you for sharing! Some day I would love for my girls to be able to hatch a few. ☺️

Back
Top Bottom