Official Christmas Hatch! c'mon and join

Quote:
I'll be happy to oblige! Come spring I should have a little bit of everything ready to sell eggs! What do ya want .... ???
French Black Copper Marans
Splash Marans
Birchen Marans
Blue Marans
Light Sussex
White Faced Black Spanish (Jumbo eggs!)
Heritage Delawares
BBS Jersey Giants
Silkies (laying now)
BBS Cochins
Golden Laced Cochins
Lavender Orpington project
Easter Eggers
Olive Eggers
Cuckoo Marans
? Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock (if I have a roo!)
(selling the Seramas)
Coronation Sussex (don't have them yet)

Quote:
I'll be happy to oblige! Come spring I should have a little bit of everything ready to sell eggs! What do ya want .... ???
Splash Marans
Birchen Marans
Blue Marans
Light Sussex
Heritage Delawares
BBS Jersey Giants
Silkies (laying now)
BBS Cochins
Golden Laced Cochins
Easter Eggers
Olive Eggers
Cuckoo Marans
(selling the Seramas)

Thats alot I'm in a chicken store
droolin.gif
Oh they look so good

Quote:
Splash Marans
Birchen Marans
Blue Marans
Light Sussex
Heritage Delawares
BBS Jersey Giants
Silkies (laying now)
BBS Cochins
Golden Laced Cochins
Easter Eggers
Olive Eggers
Cuckoo Marans
(selling the Seramas)

rofl.. only thing i think i want that you don't have is the welsummers...

depending on how this batch of cuckoo maran i have grow up.. it's looking like i have 1 maybe 2 hens out of 6.. and i really only need one roo.. lol... but maybe i'll see about getting an assorted 2 dozen from you.. assorted marans, GLC, silkies, and maybe some of the lav orps... crap... i better make that 4 dozen... rofl.... gotta allow for scrambles and quitters...
that's gonna be expensive... guess that will be my birthday present...... just gotta convince the hubby....

Quote:
My very favorite are the Heritage Delawares. I have never seen such friendly and curious little creatures! They are the coolest ever! When all the other breeds (chicks) run for the corners to hide ... the Delawares come and climb up my arm! They have been the most fun. Even my family members notice it and comment about it. Delawares are listed as, "critical," on the endangered list. I hope to help change that! These are a must have chicken!

I love the jumbo sized eggs of the White Faced Black Spanish. Also listed on the critical list!

Jersey Giants are simply a gotta have chicken for me! I can hardly wait to see them full grown. Listed in the third catagory, "watch," on the endangered list.

Marans for fun and the challenge of attempting to breed for the French SOP. Oh, and for the dark eggs.

Silkies are so sweet, and I'm excited to let them be broody .... but not now! Yes, I have 2 broody buff Silkies ... sitting on air!

Seramas ... blah, don't care for them ... they must go.

Sussex ... beautiful dual purpose birds. I never would have considered them, until I saw them! WOW. Also, they are listed as "threatened," on the endangered list.

Cochins, also in the "watch," catagory are just plain cute yard ornaments! I hear they are quite docile and friendly. I will see ...

I'm also interested in a couple more breeds on the endangered list, listed as critical ... Chantecler, and Buckeye. I shouldn't do anymore research, because then I just want more! LOL

We have along time until we all hatch ... Halloween Hatch we played games to pass time ... we came up with Halloween names for our chicks (in alphabetical order!) ... Shall we do that with this Christmas Hatch? Come up with Christmas related names? Begin with the letter ... A ...
How about this warm up exercize; a get to know each other game (err question!) ... I already answered ... Your turn ....
What are your favorites, and why?

Just checked the thread before I go out to feed...

I'm raising Speckled Sussex as a dual purpose breed and I'll have hatching eggs in the summer. I've also got beautiful Light Brahamas. They are as big as the Light Sussex, eggs available this summer as well. My favorites, though, are my Barnevelders. They lay a dark, dark egg. I've got birds old enough to breed, but we're out in the country so I want to wait until spring so that hatching eggs I sell will make it off the property safely. Sometimes the mailman can't get to us because of bad weather. I'll be looking for Light Sussex hatching eggs in February or March. I have two amazing LS Roosters. I keep Barred Rock hens for eggs. I sometimes put a few in the mixed pen to lay eggs that we hatch for the freezer. We generally don't eat the pure breed chickens. I like to raise mutts for the table. I do all the processing, as DH is only recently a reformed vegetarian (19 years). I'm adding Salmon Faverolles this winter. I've got a dozen eggs from Ohio and another dozen from Texas, so I'll have a diverse breeding pool some time this summer. I've sold or given away all our Houdans, Polish, and Cochins. They are all lovely, but my DH is averse to what he calls Foo Foo birds. I almost forgot... I've also got some lovely Welsummers. Stock came from Texas and Oklahoma. Eggs available this summer. And finally, I've got Cream Brabanters, my little sweeties. They lay a medium sized white to tinted egg, but they're too small to be a table bird.

OH my the snow here can stop so I can go take my test and buy a new light on the way home to candle my chickies!!! I'm hoping for a couple anyway! Day 5...16 more to go....c'mon Christmas!!! CC- how did that second candleing go last night?
Power went out this morning for a few minutes, but only enough to drop me from 100 to 99 so I'll take it! Scary though to wake up to everything popping back on...you can bet I JUMPED right out of bed and ran to that bator!

Back
Top Bottom