Official Christmas Hatch! c'mon and join

Quote:
Hey, that's what I do also! Isn't that sooo neat! Mine is one of those electric ones, so I do have to be near an electrical outlet. That hasn't been a problem so far. Guess it wouldn't work outside to check out a broody's though! LOL I do like the idea of not handleing the eggs though. Just my opinion.

kathyinmo day 19 on your eggs
fl.gif
I have checked checked and rechecked that bator
lau.gif
So far so good
frow.gif
I think my new love is silkies.. You know you have it bad when you stand in the room listening to the bator
lau.gif

I read somewhere that a broody hen talks to and listens to the peeps she's hatching. She can tell from what she hears if they need to be moved closer to the outside (cooler) or more toward the center (warmer) so that they will all hatch at the same time.

Here is hoping. I have 21 in the bator since last friday. A mix of BO, RIR and whatever is laying the green eggs:rolleyes:. My LG bator is keeping near perfect temp
and humidity.

I am in the planning stages of building a cabinet incubator/hatcher to start using after the first of the year. I have some very good ideas for that brewing in my head.

i think kathy will become the enabler of the group... i want the laced cochin.....

*edit*
and her silkies... lol...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom