Official Christmas Hatch! c'mon and join

Quote:
I have had this thing for ages. It has come in really handy to have around. It looks just like a lipgloss with a roller ball.

34566_toe-11.jpg

I have 8 chicks so far with 3 more pips. There's 12 altogether. I can't take a picture right now because the humidity is at 99% and the windows are all fogged up real bad. I'll take one in the morning I suppose.

Quote:
I guess I shouldn't try to do this while working so much overtime. Just have to let it run on hope and faith. I have been putting in about 14 hours a day and looking at the temp and falling into bed and looking the next morning and if it needs anything, you don't have time to watch it to see that it goes back to where it should. May need to put the thing to rest till work quiets down..

maybe it will stabilize for you now and all will be good?

it has been REALLY stable every since that first morning. very steady on 101 to 102... not real sure becuase I cant see worth a durn anymore..lol

Had one pip about eight hours ago, settling in for a nice quiet evening. I put 19 on lockdown Monday evening so we just might be right on target
for Christmas morning suprise.

How cool would it be staying up all night watching chickens hatch on Christmas Eve?

Quote:
that would be very cool. I am living it all out thru everyone else since I only got one hatch and it died the next day.. good luck everyone on the christmas babies

I have got my humidity up to 68% now. I dont have either of the plugs in either. I added more warm water to my mini sponges and covered the seams of the two windows with tape. It is holding moisture soo much better now. I got that idea when I layed a towl over the window section and it increased drastically quickly. I WILL get this figured out! I have to say though, it feels so weird being in lockdown. I had no problem leaving them be for a couple days at a time before, but now that I have to....I'm goin nuts!

Back
Top Bottom