Official Great Pyreneese thread!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by 4 Love of Baby Chickens, Jun 19, 2010.

1. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

4 Love of Baby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Here's my Great Pyr. Koda. She is the just the sweetest bundle of fur that I've ever owned!!!! Once when some of my baby chicks got out of the coop she curled around them and kept them warm until I discovered them with her. And it hadn't even been a month since I had bought her!!! [​IMG] I just love my Koda. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please post pictures of your Livestock guarding Great Pyreneese's [​IMG] Whether they are puppies or full grown dogs. With or without their flocks/herds. Heck I even want to see pictures of them with you and your families. I don't care. Just post some nice pictures!!! I want to see some more nice, big, white, fluffy doggies!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  2. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    [​IMG]

Here is TOBY,we rescued him from an auction house.He is the best guard dog ever,he sleeps in the barn during the day and watches over the rabbits and chickens.He even lets them run over him,he has never barked or shown any signs of attacking and of the chickens.He has found his home!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

[​IMG] Handsome fella.

[​IMG] Waiting for more pics of GP's.

4. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    We have 2 - Trolley, our male, and Piper, our female. Trolley is now a year old and is with the goats. Piper, 3 1/2 months old, is still in training. We get asked how we came up with their names. Trolley was named so because we dove to Pigeon Forge, TN to get him. If you have ever been, you know about all of the Trolley's in the area. Well, the hubby loves riding them, so we went with that for him. The hubby is also a pilot, so we looked for airplane names and decided on Piper for the new puppy. I got to pick her out at 3 weeks and visit her until she was ready to be picked up. Both are solid white, but both came from a white to badger-marked breeding. They don't have papers, but come from strong working lines... which is what is important to us right now.

TROLLEY
    [​IMG] (In Winter)
    [​IMG] (In Summer - with hair cut)

PIPER
    [​IMG] (8 weeks)
    [​IMG] (3 months)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  5. CaGoatLady

CaGoatLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Auburn, CA
    I've only got two; my girl, Karma, and my boy, Blue:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

[​IMG] Piper is SO cute!!!! [​IMG]

I love the others too!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] Waiting for more pics of GP's.

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:OMG..he looks like a polar bear! [​IMG]

8. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

I want to see more Big, white, fluffy Great Pyreneese's people!!!!!

9. Promiselandfarm

Promiselandfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Have them love them they are great dogs! IF you need one I have one male puppy that I was saving for a farmer friend and he decided because of a court case(*having to sue a lady who's pit was eating his cows) right now is not a good time for him to get a puppy for his farm. Afraid something might happen to the puppy so is going to wait for a later time. So anyone needing an older puppy....[​IMG]

10. NewChkMom

NewChkMom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2010
    Gypsum
    [​IMG]
    This is Alaia. She is a mix (Great Pyr Mom, Komondor Dad) that we adopted thru a big dog rescue organization. This photo was taken at 5mos old. She is now 6 months and is 13lbs heavier/bigger. We adore her.
    She doesn't bark or chase chickens, but she loves chicken poo.[​IMG] I catch her searching the yard, every evening, when I bring the girls in from free ranging.
    [​IMG]
    Oh well, it could be worse...my Cesky Terrier eats complete piles of horse poo.[​IMG] And he only weighs 26lbs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by