Official Wheaten Maran thread

Owenp_2

Songster
Jul 27, 2020
Middle of North Carolina
Hey everyone, I just recently lost my Wheaten Maran hen named Betty and I looked up lots of research about her breed and all, and as I did I found out that Wheaten Marans are a rare breed of chickens. Sooooooo... I made this thread so any Wheaten Maran owner can find any advice, answers, or common facts about Wheaten Marans so that if they ever have questions they can find them here! So I guess if you have Wheaten Maran's let's start this thread with some general information!

I love their color and am debating getting some from a hatchery (yes, yes, I know they're not as great as breeder stock but it's what I can get and I'm not planning on showing)

Did she lay eggs? If she did, how dark were they?

I love their color and am debating getting some from a hatchery (yes, yes, I know they're not as great as breeder stock but it's what I can get and I'm not planning on showing)

Did she lay eggs? If she did, how dark were they?
I only had her for a few months she lasted a few before molting and they were very dark and pretty. Also if you ever find a hatchery that had them let me know I have never found any myself.

These are Blue Wheaten Marans.
Blue Wheaten Marans 8:16:2020.JPG
Blue Wheaten Marans 6:29:2020.JPG

Back
Top Bottom