Officially Initiated

swheat

The Bantam Barn
14 Years
Mar 18, 2008
Alabama
My Coop
My Coop
Yesterday afternoon I was greeted by the swans at feeding time. These birds are getting really tame
celebrate.gif

They were getting so close, so I decided to squat down( I had to prop myself on the bucket) and see if they would come and eat from the bucket
while I was holding on to it. Sure enough they did and then they had to check me out. They were nibbling all over me...LOL One of the girls was pulling on my sweat shirt on my side...she was tickling the crap out of me, while another one was nibbling at my shoes. I loved every minute of it. They all surrounded me with their heads bobbing up and down and making those whistling sounds they make. A couple of times while I was talking to them they were trying to make the trumpet sound. So yesterday I was "Officially Initiated" into the swan club
wee.gif
I wish I had gotten swans years ago.

Don't have swans but loved the story. Any time you can get your birds to trust you, and eventually love and want to be around you, is a great thing.

aaron

Edit: Holy crap, WHY is it showing me a post over a decade old? Man I did the lazarus of the century here! Apologies !

Back
Top Bottom