oh boy I think i made a mistake!!!

bubbapain

Chirping
11 Years
Apr 28, 2012
so I started out with 7 black austerlorpe chicks then 2 comets and 4 pekins then i went to the auction and got 6 "laying hens" two bantams so that was enough so I thought now I went saturday and got 4 ameracunas 6 "barred rocks" that look like wynadettes to me, so that is 29 fowl now my idea was to house new fowl until next saturday for the auction and return the ones that wernt laying or getting along but now my wife wants to keep them all help what can i say to her??

Well, now you know that your wife will get attached to any animal you bring home.

By the way, hens can take a while to adjust to new surroundings and that typically can interrupt laying - even up to a month.

I suppose you could say to your wife, "So are you going to build the extra coops?"

We hatched out 14 chicks Easter weekend. The thinking was we just wanted to add a few new birds to the flock and we'll sell the rest. They were too cute and my wife wants to keep them all. I am building a new coup. You see where you are headed don't you?

I would suggest you say .. Yes Dear sure ! lol And dont look to my husband for advice he told me enough at like 7 I think .. he also said no Goats no turkeys and oh that he only wanted 2 children too . ( we ended up with seven ) I think we have about 80 chicks and chickens couple turkeys couple goats and 18 keets coming ... <3

Back
Top Bottom