OH dear GOD, I am gonna need help!!! LONG!! PICS!

be careful with the nails...you have to trim them back a wee bit at a time...the quick will regress each time

oh my heart hurts for those poor animals -I started crying when I saw the pic of the poor roo with no toes- how does he get around ? is he able to walk normally? I dont have enough knowledge to take any ( and I think I am to far anyways) I just wanted to give you moral support and tell you that even if you have to cull of few at least what pain they are in will be over and they will be at peace.
God bless you and your family for trying to help them out - I wish I could do more to help.

Julie

First of all I want to say you are an angel for doing this if I was closer I would be right in there helping you you have a long hard road ahead of you these animals have been so neglected she wants to send you more let her they will be better off with a person who actually knows what it takes to care for animals. The pics are horrifying how they can even walk in that condition is beyond me. And poor stubs my goodness what in the world happened to that poor baby???? Get yourself some bag balm to use with the vasoline and careful trimming those nails have some kwik stop handy when you do it. After you get them cleaned up feather wise start using a warm mist of aloe and water it will condition those feathers and it is completely bird safe. If you cannot accept anymore birds from her it would be in the best interest of this womans and the birds to get ahold of the aspca they deal in this sort of situation daily if they do not remove the birds they will supply her with the resources to be able to manage her flock.

Last edited:
Yes, Deb you are an angel, never clip your wings!!!

They look happy though not in the best condition however I reckon with TLC they will flourish in your care.
Little stubbs also seems happy, he probably doesnt even miss his toes and doesnt realise they arent there so dont be too sad though i know its hard .I was given a chook in this condition years ago, she died of old age and the others didnt even pick on her when i introduced her.
Anyhow thank goodness they are now in your care, its a heavy load to bear for you but we are all here thinking of you and wishing we could help you out.
lots and lots of Hugs and baths by candlelight!!!
Helen

I would not be able to live with myself if I had let an animal in my care get in that shape. I don't even know what to think or to write. It is wonderful you have the ability to help those birds. Good luck to you.

Last edited:
wish i didnt live in the uk otherwise i'd have some
hit.gif

good luck to you with them all

Hx

Quote:
DITTO!!! Its so hard to understand this kind of thing. I remember a month or so ago someone posted about a situation like this where the person was going to surrender some birds for rescue to a person here that went for a few birds and saw the horrible conditions....etc.....I dont remember any mention of a 'silkie rescue' thing there. Is this the same story/situation continued??????

Yes Lurky, this is the same woman. Her birds are beautifull....well, they will be when I get done with them. I am headed to town in a bit, to get some vasoline...and bag balm? Hope I can find it. We no longer have a feed store, and the closest other one is about an hr away.At least the vasoline will help. Im thankfull today is cooler...so it will make my work easier. Im pretty sure Stubs lost his toes due to being in a wire cage. SHE said she thinks a goose bit them off. Yes, she has other animals there as well. Stubs gets around really well...and even scratches in the dirt. She has a pair of India blue peacocks....well..they are babies..MIGHT be a hen and cock, not sure. She wants to sell them...I am not sure what she wants for them, but I HAVE to get them sold. They are also in a SMALL CAGE! I mean....these poor babies are the size of a RIR now, and are in a cage....2 ft tall....MAYBE 18 inches wide, and 3 ft long. She wont let me have them....and I can not afford to buy them. I am thinking she wants $100 for the pair. Well...need to get to town, get the vasoline...and get out there. What a long road this will be. Thanks for the encouragement everyone...I CAN DO THIS! right? LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom