Oh for the love of chickens --- Chicken coop finally 99.9% done!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Tala, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I almost finished putting the roof on the new coop when I did THIS:
    [​IMG]

YOUCH!

[​IMG]

Those last few nails can wait till Thursday, and of course I will post some pix of the coop progress.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  2. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

OOOoooopppppssss

3. aka Rachel

aka Rachel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh ouch ouch ouch, lol.

Well, can I share my 'for the love of CHICKENS' moment as well?

I am making my own little styrofoam incubator, and was just wiring up the bulb and thermostat. Ok, I can follow directions and there are some really easy ones to follow about how to wire the bulb but do you think I could get it to work? After hours, checking and rechecking and before I threw the darn thing out the window, I thought perhaps, maybe, I should try another bulb.

Deep breath...

The lite comes on. And I pulled the first bulb out of a light socket!

At least I have no lingering injury as a result [​IMG]

4. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  5. SuziQ991

SuziQ991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Missouri
    oooo I know that hurts. My DH hit his thumb nail not once, but twice with a hammer making my coop. Luckily it was on the roof when he was almost done. Hope your feeling better soon.

6. helloroe

helloroe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2009
    Cetral FL
    We are working on a second coop and my husband did the same except he hit it three times. The second and the third time he burst it with blood going all over the place. New color choice for the coop maybe? What we do for these fowl.

7. BooneHillbilly

BooneHillbilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    West Virginia
    I really do fill your pain.. I guarantee I have lost at least a pint of blood on the coop so far and it isint even finished..lol But hey its for a good cause

8. BarefootInHeels

BarefootInHeels Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2009
    Portland, OR
    My husband and I have to get tetanus boosters next week because of all our coop-building injuries! We feel your pain. If those hens only knew!

9. nature nut

nature nut Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    Southeast Louisiana
    Ouch!!![​IMG] That's gotta hurt. Well my DH is glad he isn't alone. He split his thumb (including the bone) right down the middle while working on the coop and ended up in the ER getting 6 stitches. Some were even through the fingernail!!! Looked like his thumb had a mohawk with all of those strings sticking up out of it. I should've taken a picture of it for all those lovely memories. He probably would've been like [​IMG]

10. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

The coop now has 2 sides, and I purchased a gate for the front door....but alas it started raining before I got the pix!!
    I re-bumped my thumb, but no new injuries to report.

Nature Nut - I have a scar from slicing my thumb from tip to the joint where it joins your wrist/hand with a box cutter and I split the nail too. I just went with the butterfly bandages though, no stitches. I did it on New Year's night in 2007 and it took till May of 2008 for the nail to grow back out!! Snagging it on stuff for 5 months was a major pain, even though I trimmed it as much as I could.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by