Oh, how my Welsh Harlequins have grown

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by featherfooted, Jun 11, 2010.

1. featherfooted

featherfooted Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    My Welsh Harlequins from Holderread's are now 6 weeks old and oh how they have grown. They have been outside for a few weks now and I hope to move them to their own big pen next week when their duck house is finished. They will have a pen that is 50'x48' all to themselves. They don't seem to need a pond as they never go in the kiddie pool I have in their pen. Is this normal? They just use it as a big water dish. They have no trouble getting in or out of it as they will run through it if startled. And Yes the one out front is not a Welsh Harlequin but a Stanbridge White I named Stanley.

6 week old Welsh Harlequins and Stanley

[​IMG]

2. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    They're getting so big! [​IMG]

It's not weird that they don't use the kiddie pool - my Khaki Campbells and my Dutch Hookbills hardly ever use the kiddie pools, they'd rather bathe in a dirty, muddy puddle than the nice clean water I put in the pool for them. [​IMG]

3. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    They are SOOOOO pretty! I think I am lucky because my Kahkis love clean water, lol. WHs are just gorgeous! [​IMG]

4. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    They are gorgeous - I love young ducks at that age....Well...any age really- But there is something exciting about seeing them grow in their fisrt feathers.....I love WH ..Thats why I chose to breed the colour in Indian Runners..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by