Oh, how my Welsh Harlequins have grown

featherfooted

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Georgia
My Welsh Harlequins from Holderread's are now 6 weeks old and oh how they have grown. They have been outside for a few weks now and I hope to move them to their own big pen next week when their duck house is finished. They will have a pen that is 50'x48' all to themselves. They don't seem to need a pond as they never go in the kiddie pool I have in their pen. Is this normal? They just use it as a big water dish. They have no trouble getting in or out of it as they will run through it if startled. And Yes the one out front is not a Welsh Harlequin but a Stanbridge White I named Stanley.

6 week old Welsh Harlequins and Stanley

Sweetfolly

Songster
10 Years
Apr 17, 2009
Kildare, Wisconsin
They're getting so big!

It's not weird that they don't use the kiddie pool - my Khaki Campbells and my Dutch Hookbills hardly ever use the kiddie pools, they'd rather bathe in a dirty, muddy puddle than the nice clean water I put in the pool for them.

chickboss

Songster
9 Years
Mar 23, 2010
They are SOOOOO pretty! I think I am lucky because my Kahkis love clean water, lol. WHs are just gorgeous!

duckyfromoz

Quackaholic
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
Australia
They are gorgeous - I love young ducks at that age....Well...any age really- But there is something exciting about seeing them grow in their fisrt feathers.....I love WH ..Thats why I chose to breed the colour in Indian Runners..

Top Bottom