Oh i can't wait!

Quote:
Actually, the bar spacing on that cage seems a bit too big for buttons. I'm surprised she hasn't had problems with them getting out.

Shelly, if you look closely, I have plexa glass on the bottom, up to that first line. It's quite a ways up. There is noo way they would have stayed in there if my DH hadn't put that in. They are big enough now that if they were to get up that high, they wouldn't fit. They will be 3 weeks tomorrow. Can't believe it! They grow so fast!

twocrow, thanks, it is working out well, just had to make those adjustments for them to stay in. They are two weeks old in that last picture, it shows the plexa glass best.

Last edited:
Quote:
Actually, the bar spacing on that cage seems a bit too big for buttons. I'm surprised she hasn't had problems with them getting out.

Shelly, if you look closely, I have plexa glass on the bottom, up to that first line. It's quite a ways up. There is noo way they would have stayed in there if my DH hadn't put that in. They are big enough now that if they were to get up that high, they wouldn't fit. They will be 3 weeks tomorrow. Can't believe it! They grow so fast!

twocrow, thanks, it is working out well, just had to make those adjustments for them to stay in. They are two weeks old in that last picture, it shows the plexa glass best.

Yes I saw that, but I was thinking more of when/if they flush. The wire spacing looks to be 1", they can pop right through 1" spacing without even slowing down.

Quote:

Yes I saw that, but I was thinking more of when/if they flush. The wire spacing looks to be 1", they can pop right through 1" spacing without even slowing down.

Whew, you had me worried. I had to go see if one would fit even a tight fit. Maybe they would at two weeks, but not now! I measured the bars...they are 3/4 of an inch. I had them in there at one week, I must have been lucky. But they were pretty small, they didn't jump that high back then. They sure can fly now, but I clipped their wings the other day..makes a difference in catching them when it's time to clean, which is very often with this many in there! Can't wait until I can sex them. Did someone say 4 weeks, or is it 5 weeks? Hopefully, only one more week to pick my pair. Then the others will go to a friend, and or sell them. Not sure what to ask for them though? hmm....

Quote:
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

Are they there yet? LOL!
How exciting! I can't wait to see pictures!
I can't imagine ordering birds by mail though. Just seems odd.
I've been considering ordering doves because they are so hard to find nice ones here.

I'm sure your one little bird will be happy to have friends too! I have one little female button, but she's content with her buddies, Coturnix for the moment.

We have ordered Button eggs from Quaillady and will get her paired with one from that.

I would much rather be woke by birds than my 3 little bratty dogs (chihuahua mixes) who wake me around 6am even on Sunday!
hit.gif
Which is really my only day to sleep in
barnie.gif

Quote:
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

Are they there yet? LOL!
I've been considering ordering doves because they are so hard to find nice ones here.

I'm sure your one little bird will be happy to have friends too! I have one little female button, but she's content with her buddies, Coturnix for the moment.

We have ordered Button eggs from Quaillady and will get her paired with one from that.

I would much rather be woke by birds than my 3 little bratty dogs (chihuahua mixes) who wake me around 6am even on Sunday!
hit.gif
barnie.gif

Know what you mean about being woke up by dogs. We just got a yorkie pup. He usually wakes me up anywhere around 4 to 6 in the morning. If not until 6 is fine, I like to get out and take care of the chickens early any way. This pup is only 4 and a half months old. Smart pup! Learns quick.
I've only ordered live chicken chicks through the mail...twice in the past. Different from hatching for sure. Easier on old folks like me. But, I enjoy the hatch, have done it for years. Brand new babies...I have 31 grandchildren, now that's always fun..to have a brand new human baby to snuggle on!

Button quail actually handle shipping very easily. They love oranges, so 1/4 to 1/2 an orange is plenty of 'water' for them, and they can eat millet sprays unlike other types of fowl. Even using a chick box is like a mini-button condo for them, they really have it made as far as shipping goes
smile.png

But I don't believe she has sent Mibotsu's buttons yet.

Quote:
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

Are they there yet? LOL!

hit.gif
barnie.gif

the one lonely cotty that i have is currently outside by herself, i don't trust her with anyone else, attacked one bird, and killed another....she can stay alone...maybe at least till a new male is avail
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom