OH Jax! That's going to leave a mark!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gritsar, Oct 30, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Every one that knows our older german shepherd Jax knows that he's a genius. Second smartest dog I've ever owned; Charlie Girl being the smartest.

Jax loves to watch TV. The National Geographic channel is his favorite. Last night DH and I were watching a special episode of the Dog Whisperer about wolf-dog hybrids. When the program showed wolves playing in the wild Jax stopped wrestling with his brother, sat up and started watching the show with interest.

In one scene, a wolf ran across the screen, from left to right. Jax was getting really excited. When the wolf "exited" the screen, Jax gave chase...and ran smack into the wall behind the TV.

Even genuises have an off day. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  2. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

you should have had your camera handy. The look on his face would be worth a fortune!!! What a funny thing, but embarrassing too!!

3. Equus5O

Equus5O Chillin' With My Peeps

Kinda like when we were putting the cover on the pool. We just had it draped across the pool, it wasn't yet secure. Axl thought he could walk across the pool. He got as far as his front paws on it. The expression on his face when he started to sink was priceless! It's a good thing he has all that loose puppy skin on the back of his neck so I could drag him out before he fell all of the way in!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

5. Bantamlover23

Bantamlover23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    Ok, I used to have an Australian Shephard who was a great dog but not the brightest crayon in the box. Twice when Star was let outside for the last he would chasing something in the woods and one time he ran into a pine tree and the other time he ran into a cast iron chair.

6. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Thats funny!

7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] Funny stories! I had a Dobie, Turbo (R.I.P.) that wasn't the sharpest pencil. We bought the land that adjoined ours & tore out the fence between the properties. It was 6 months before that dog would cross the place where the fence used to be. [​IMG]

8. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Lol

9. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    Ok....all that is funny stuff and I don't care who you are!

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Honestly though... that DOES show how smart he is...
    He was watching t.v. and getting into it too! Just like humans.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by