Oh Lord my husband is going to kill me...

Oh it's that time of year Cara!! Hubby just rolls his eyes at me!! He always knows I'm up to something when the bators get pulled out of the closets and are resting on the kitchen counters!!!
big_smile.png

It's like here she goes again!!!!
wee.gif
he.gif
jumpy.gif

Tis Spring somewhere!!
wink.png

Quote:
lau.gif
And yet, I would be thrilled if hubby were more like this! Yes, we'd be overwhelmed, but we could be overwhelmed together!
love.gif
And maybe I wouldn't get this
hmm.png
when I menton the farm that I want, but will probably never get.

OMG! You are going to have cuteness overload!

I think you are safe w/DH...its hard to get away w/murder these days and besides who is going to care for him (and the chickens) if you are not there
lau.gif

Quote:
True, who's going to milk the goat? LOL

Hopefully the quail won't be here too long. I'll call the guy after they hatch and drop them off ASAP!!! I'll make him a care package with a heat lamp and feed so he has no excuse!

I just can't quite imagine what that many birds is going to look like. At least quail are tiny, not like 250 turkeys. I think my husband would kill himself if I had 250 ducklings.

Tuffoldhen, do you mean there are people who put their incubators away? :O As in, don't use them sometimes?!!

hmm.png
The eggs have all arrived. When I say 'all'...

Remember the order of 250 quail eggs? The seller sent me 290. And both my turners spontaneously broke. Ever tried turning 290 quail eggs three times a day? Or writing X and O on each of them?

Not to be discouraged, I was excited to find my Silkie eggs had arrived this morning. I bought 8+. When I opened the box, I found an egg carton tucked in the packing peanuts. I opened it and found 12 eggs, which was very kind of the seller. Then I found another in the peanuts..and another.. and another.. and so on. She sent me 21 of them
he.gif

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Things like that happen when you dont want them to its murphys law.. now if you were scrapping up ever cent to buy 8 eggs then you woudnt get a single extra but science you really didnt want a single extra you got tons ..

tongue2.gif

Wow, and I thought I had chicken fever by just getting 1 chick
smile.png

10913_dsc00128.jpg

I got this White Rock girl last Sunday!

cute factor: [--------|-]

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Last edited:
Tonight I was talking to my BF, we are currently living apart since Nov so he could be with his 15 year old son in MA for awhile ( long story) anyway... I had ordered some coturnix eggs last week but had forgot to mention it . So tonight I casually mention that I'm thinking of incubating some eggs. The first thing he said was, "you already got them don't you?" I said "what?!" He said " I know you.. you already have the eggs don't you?"
lol.png
Sheesh I can't get away with anything....
idunno.gif

Congrats on all your eggs! I'm setting mine in the morning.. only 18 days to wait whooohooo!
wee.gif

Nancy

I was pretty much told I'm only using the incubator once a year. If I can get away with that.

It's looking like my last hatch was 7 of 12 roos. With only 5 new hens perhaps I have ammo for a fall hatch?

Back
Top Bottom