Oh my goodness there is a pip!!!! But I need help!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PrestonSloan08, Sep 15, 2011.

1. PrestonSloan08

PrestonSloan08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    Corner Alabama
    My silkie hen just got off the nest for a snack and I went to go candle the eggs. Tomorrow is the hatch date! But I had candled three of them and they where all kicking! [​IMG] when I got to the last one, it made a peep!! So I looked around the egg and noticed the pip hole!! Is it ok for her to be off the nest right now?

2. Uniontown Poultry

Uniontown Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

If she's just off for a snack, that's totally normal, and shouldn't be a problem, as long as she comes back. If the hatch date is tomorrow, sounds like your pipper's right on time.

3. extraordinaryfowl

extraordinaryfowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2011
    Lancaster, PA
    Quote:I agree!

4. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    Silkies are EXCELLENT Mommy's, so dedicated and devoted. One thing you don't have to worry about with them is there determination to have a child.... Your baby will be fine...

5. KandiandJerry

KandiandJerry Chillin' With My Peeps

She will be fine and go right back to the nest after she eats and drinks......we had the same thing happen last week with one of our OEGB...I also went to get an egg to candle and heard the peeps....I was so excited....GOOD LUCK!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by