OH MY GOSH! I think I could rip a phone book in half!

Listen to me carefully : YOU CAN QUIT!! I was in the almost exact situation you are in .....health problems caused from smoking..a DR giving me a dire future if I continued....This was back in 1992.
Well..the first 2 nights I spent crying my eyes out in the middle of the night ...And yes....I too could have ripped a phone book into little pieces!!!! And I did it cold turkey without any RX !!!!
BUT EACH day got alittle easier...and a little easier and after the first week....I knew....I just KNEW ....yes, I can and WILL do this....
Well...I did it....I took up walking and that helped alot! I prayed alot too....and drank gallons of juice.....try it , it helps....eat some candy like lickerish...or lifesavers, .....that isnt too fattening ....all this will help....if you need support , I bet you will get tons of support here on BYC!! YOu came to the right place !! So email me if you need an encouraging word ok??? These days is is cool to give up smoking !! Join the club!!
wink.png

Good luck to you ....Remember...it can be done....

Well I am going to have the CLEANEST house..heh heh heh..and today we are at 34 degrees right now...so the coop is on my list as soon as the sun comes up.

I am also going to go to the mall with my girls..and then, *drum roll* the family SuperBowl party along with my smoking buddy brother-in-law...won't he be surprised when he asks me for a cigarette and I hand him a mint?
smack.gif

Seriously, I think being at the family party and NOT smoking is gonna be a real test. I will do it, I have no choice- but I might come home early.

I would walk if it weren't so cold out, and if running out to the coop as fast as I could, didn't put me into convulsions (oh! I have a reason for that now, 'hashimotos disease). Surely it has to warm up soon- doesn't it?

I tried deep-breathing my way through a craving yesterday. Was very funny, actually. Took some deep breaths...got light headed almost passed out. ha ha ha. My body was like, "Whats this? Oxygen- ack!
ep.gif
th.gif

Oh! To those who mentioned it- I definitely do have my crutch, the patch. I think that is the only way I can do this. First I have to break the habit, then I can get off the nicotine. Should see me talk myself through a craving- "No, you do not need a cigarette...you have your nicotine...you just are used to a cigarette now after taking two steps..or sitting down, or reaching for a coffee cup..or standing up..or breathing..you wanna die?"

English chick- thanks for digging out the original quitters thread. I will re-read it, and all the pages I skimmed.

Back
Top Bottom