Oh my Gosh. More egg problems, need advice on what to do.

I did. It smelled so bad.. Like rotten eggs. Hes moving, and chirping, though.

Is there any chance he may have somthing (illness/disease) that could be given to my other chicks?

Last edited:
Quote:
hard to say. I would quarantine for a while just to be sure.
hu.gif

Quote:
that's a tough one. I'd try to get some food and water into him but it does take them some maturity to figure out how to eat and drink. it is strange that he chirps all the time.
hu.gif

I believe the longest hes stayed quiet since hatch was about 10 seconds. Literally.

I feel so bad for the little guy, but I just do not know what to do for him.

Last night we put him in a box over the heating pad, put the remaining eggs in

the 'bator under a broody, and disenfected the incubator, because we do not

have anywhere else to put him but the incubator. <sigh>. Do you think a

pinch of electrolyts in 1 - 1/2 cups of water would be a good idea? Better than

nothing, but I'd still have to force him to drink.

Last edited:
i know its a bit different, but i have a duck pip backward and get stuck, he was a noisy bugger, i had to help him out and for 3 days he couldnt walk,or lift his head, so i gave him, vit water, with a teaspoon of sugar, and made him sip it, 1 an hour, no food, he couldnt eat, on day 3 i gave him mussy peas and he finally ate, during his sick time, he struggled to try and stand but couldnt, i did ducky physio, holding him up and walking him around, now, hes huge, 9 days old, and as happy as can be,
sometimes, the struggle alone from an egg can leave them totally zapped, just keep him warm, if you can, let him ly on your chest, listening to your heart beat, it sooths them,
keep us posted on progress
and dont give up yet

Thankyou both. I figured I should leave him alone, but I guess it'd be best to try and get him to

drink. So do you think the pinch of electrolytes are OK in half a cup of water?

Quote:
What remaining eggs?? You said in your first post that this was the last egg to hatch.
idunno.gif

I would put this guy back in the cleaned and disinfected bator to keep him warm and out of drafts until he gains some strength. Then set him up in his own 'hosp' brooder when he's ready to come out.

He was the last to hatch in one batch. We did a staggered hatch (Not a good idea) So there was

a whole 'nother batch left.
tongue.png
Sorry, should have explained that better.

Back
Top Bottom