Oh My Gosh must read makes you want to be more self sustainable

Quote:
That is true but Taco Bell has used GM corn in the past and people have almost died from it. Carolyn I have heard of stevia but I don't really like it. My mom uses it but I think that after reading this I will start using it.

I'd like to read about this, do you have a link?

Quote:
No one got sick, it was just a variety that hadn't yet been approved by the FDA for human consumption. The media circus was unwarranted.

Quote:
No one got sick, it was just a variety that hadn't yet been approved by the FDA for human consumption. The media circus was unwarranted.

Isn't it always!?!

A tiny bit of stevia goes a long way. It is bitter if you use too much. When I am baking I use it as part of the sweetner and add honey, molasses for the rest.

I don't think anyone would be tempted to take a spoonful more than one time!!

"Cry9C is a protein in StarLink corn that is being scrutinized as the potential allergen. This insecticidal protein, produced naturally by Bacillus thuringiensis subspecies tolworthi, is a variant of a number of Bt toxins, including the commercially used Cry1A. Bt toxins work by binding to specific receptors on insect midgut cells, causing lysis and ultimate decay of the insect's digestive tract. Bt proteins are host specific and do not bind to vertebrate cells. According to the CDC, the Cry9C protein shares several molecular properties with proteins that are known food allergens, which is given as a reason the EPA did not license StarLink corn for human consumption."
http://www.biotech-info.net/CDC_report.html

I'd eat it.

I was raised on sugar beet sugar since there is no cane in germany, but rightnow we only use cane sugar. But i think i already dodged a lot of bullets by eating british cattle,spinach, chili ..

Quote:
Wikipedia:
A genetically modified organism (GMO) or genetically engineered organism (GEO) is an organism whose genetic material has been altered using genetic engineering techniques.These techniques are generally known as recombinant DNA technology. With this technology, DNA molecules from different sources are combined into one molecule to create a new set of genes. This DNA is then transferred into an organism and causes the organism to acquire modified or novel traits.

Other countries have refused to plant gm seed, instead, relying on heirloom seed that they have used through the years, and other non-gm seed.
Insulin is not genetically engineered, nor are vaccinations. Look at the problems antibiotics are now being shown to have caused due to misuse, among other reasons. Modern medicine is a wonderful thing, but its not the miracle we want it to be. And no, I don't need a personal army of ape/humans; I'll settle for the thousands of wonderful men and women, including my daughter, who serve our country. Read the definition of gmo again. I vote "no." Just my opinion

Quote:
Trust me on this one, we did an exhaustive study here at Headquarters for World Domination, and determined conclusively that genetically altered ape/humans would be better for our private Army of the Night than your daughter and her friends.

GMO(i call it genitically MUTATED organism) is basically dead food...you cannot reproduce it from seed...there is no "Lifeforce" (go ahead roll your eyes..lol) in it at all...unfortunantly unless you so strict heirloom most of what you plant and buy and feed your flock is in fact GMO...you lucky folks that get to buy organic feed(not available in my area) dont know how good you have it!! Sure I could order it but @25-30$$a bag w/25$$ shipping i would need to rob a bank..Support your local farmer but ask if he uses GMO's...

Back
Top Bottom