Oh my... look what we found!?

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
In my neighbor's yard under one of her bird houses... I followed a screaming daddy, otherwise I would have never seen this!

duck_nest1.jpg

My pekins... they lay HUGE eggs!!!!!!! I didn't even know my Lily was laying yet!!!

Last edited:
I took them since the ducks didn't come back after I found it. I found 5 of them were developing and I have moved them under 2 broody silkies!!!
big_smile.png
*fingers crossed* for little ducklings in the next 3 weeks. (I'm guessing they are a week or 2 along.

fl.gif

We found a stash of 10 Pekin eggs from our Lucy. We had no idea she was laying either until we moved their house. Surprise! None were fertile though but it was a nice surprise!

Good luck with the eggs!

Laurie

Oh if they were not fertile I would have went to town on them on some cookies or something. But there were a few developing when we candled. I have a male (Christmas) who stays with lily out on the pond all the time. They are wanderers and free range 24/7. They are extremely sweet and will come right up onto my porch, up to my window by my office and start yelling if I forgot to walk out and feed them before I got online!

They are by far the best ducks I've ever had.
big_smile.png

Sadly, if the ducklings hatch... off the go to another home, because as my husband says... they can't stay here!!!

Back
Top Bottom