Oh My! Orpingtons...so MANY colors!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Oldenburg Mom, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Oldenburg Mom

Oldenburg Mom Chirping

In my newbie, kind of poking around ... my coop isn't ready yet, so I can't bring home the 3 I've bought, I like finding out more about the girls (I hope) I've purchased.

I never KNEW they came in so many colors!

I'm hot on the trail of a blue Orpington ... but those Gold Laced Orpingtons are STUNNING!!!! I've got to have some...just to LOOK at. LOL

So, who's an Orpington fancier out there ... and do you have any Gold Laced ones for sale?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2009
  2. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Songster

3. Oldenburg Mom

Oldenburg Mom Chirping

Hmmmm. Try again ... I changed it. It is actually a location in France. Subsequently, I have found this as well: www.bluehenhatchery.com They are simply stunning!!!!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Unfortunately, I don't believe trade of live birds is allowed thanks to new restrictions.

If you can get them though...look me up! [​IMG] In some ways, it's easier to work with what the U.S. has and create a new variety of the breed. In others...how I WISH we could get birds, eggs and chicks from the UK!!!!!!

5. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I love orpingtons and those are beautiful.

6. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Oct 23, 2008
    Northwestern Minnesota
    I want a lemon one!

7. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    I WANT EM ALL expecally the lemon one wowza lol

8. wanda047

wanda047 Songster

Mar 26, 2009
    Hardy, Arkansas
    I have a dozen of the buff orpingtons, 13 weeks old. They are getting more beautiful every day. They are definitely a breed I intend to keep.

Those golden laced orpingtons are awesome and I'd love to have some of those as well.

I'll definitely be shopping around for some more orpingtons in the future to add to my flock. I'd love to have a variety of colors.

9. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens. I will send you some Websites for United Orpington Club, you may be interested and some other websites that might help.

10. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I'm still a fan of the Buffs. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: