OH NO 62% should i wait it out?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by FLITZ, Feb 22, 2012.

  1. FLITZ

    FLITZ Chillin' With My Peeps

    133
    1
    91
    Feb 9, 2012
    I had to move my incubator, and I know what happened. One of the places on the bottom was full with water and it spilled over. Should i just wait it out and let the humidity drop on its own.. I'm on day 2
     
  2. stephanie1992

    stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

    thats way to high for day two. id take water out. it needs to be around 30%-40% for the first 18 days. or take it all out and dnt add water till day 18. thats dry incubation
     
  3. nurse_turtle

    nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

    3,519
    69
    201
    May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    You could remove the water or open the vents on the incubator. I also use dry incubation where NO water at all is added until lockdown to reach humidity of 50-60% for chicken eggs. It would be OK to wait until tomorrow to see if the water will evaporate with the vents open.
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by