Oh No!! hope I did not screw up my hatch.....

I have the turner sitting on the table and all my NHR and EE eggs are going into it along with a few from a friend who wants me to hatch her white silkie/golden polish cross. (I need another bator)
big_smile.png

I do it all the time..remove them from the turners mostly hatched.Some even hatch on the turners.I have a bad habit of forgetting some
hide.gif
I open the bator during lockdown and no I have no problems and 100% hatches are normal here.

The hatch update.....well I thought I screwed up this hatch bad by candling pipped eggs on day 18....I could not be further wrong. I quickly put the eggs back into the bator and filled the troughs with water preparing for these eggs to hatch out. I use egg cartons from MCDs for my hatches, that I modify by cutting holes in the bottom of each egg hole to allow the humidity to do its work. I used a Gensis 1588 with an auto turner. I started with the egg turn full and an additional 6 eggs in the bator. I hand turned the additional eggs for the first 10 days. the 5 additional eggs I was going to use to fill the turner back up after the first candling. I candled on the 10th day only to find just 1 clear egg. So now I had 47 eggs. I took the additional 5 eggs and laid them on the turner between the rails hoping that this would roll them.

The final results, only 3 eggs have not hatched as of day 21. I will leave these in the bator for a few days to see if I can reach the 100% mark. I could not be more pleased with the performance of the Gensis 1588. This is by far the best incubator I have ever used. As I had stated in an earlier post, my last hatch started with 80 eggs at lockdown splilt between a LG 9200 with a turner and a Hovabator 2362 also with a turner and my final results was only 30 chicks! I did nothing any differant for any of my other hatches. I would say QGF has done an awsome job updating their Hovabator line!

Back
Top Bottom