Oh No!!! MITES!!!

Quote:
Oh good, I'm glad that's the Sevin you use because I know I can get that tomorrow at Lowes. I will call around about the Eprinex, but the farm stores here seemed to shrug when I mentioned mite/worm treatments a month or so back. One farm store owner said she used DE in the coop and it prevented parasite infestations, and she never had a problem. The other farm store owner said every spring he bleaches out the coop, then applies his own homemade blend of natural insecticide which contained something lemon scented I believe. I'd rather use the Eprinex and I'll bite the bullet on the expense IF I can find it locally. I'm not waiting for a mail order either. Unless I dust now, and then mail order for the eprinex and reapply w/eprinex. That's an idea.

Quote:
Okay then, whichever I can find tomorrow, Eprinex or Ivermectin, I will get. (Unless I can't find either. Then it's Sevin)

Why am I thinking those are wormers? Do they also kill mites? In fact, are they an all-in-one?

Last edited:
Well, it's nice to have an all-in-one wormer AND de-critterer. AND an easy topical apply. I really like that idea.

I'll call around tomorrow.

Otherwise it's off to Lowes for Sevin. Yuck.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!

Now I know what to do, which is miraculous.

And my hens really, really thank you.

I like those things better than my dog.
smile.png

Why do you think Seven is so much worse? I do think ivermectin is good for both but if your chicks are under 4 months you don't need to use it. Hard on the liver. NO I would NOT cover myself with 7 but How long is a chicken going to live? Not long enough to shorten their life. And I use & on my dogs and outdoor cats beds for flee's.

Okay, so far the open farm store says they sell Prozap dust, which sounds like it would work as well as Sevin. Think I'll go with Prozap unless the other farm store carries Eprinex, they open in an hour...

Really anxious to get started here. Funny, when I let the hens out of the coop this morning, it was almost impossible to see any effects from the mites. No more bloody spots, they were just faint dark spots on the legs, don't notice any attitude difference in the hens. But I know they're there, and I'm coming to get them... bwahahaha...

Back
Top Bottom