Oh NO Niece found a baby deer and brought it home!!

Quote:
Isnt that just for smaller rodent type animals? I never had to do that to my deers. I had a hard time keeping them from going in places I would rather them not. Like my bed for one lol. And mine were day olds.

Quote:
Isnt that just for smaller rodent type animals? I never had to do that to my deers. I had a hard time keeping them from going in places I would rather them not. Like my bed for one lol. And mine were day olds.

Yea, turney is right.

Give me a minute to find rehab in your area and DO NOT FEED IT!!! Cows milk can kill it. Goats milk from the store is no good give me a minute. Do not leave it in the cold!

Give me a minute to find rehab in your area and DO NOT FEED IT!!! Cows milk can kill it. Goats milk from the store is no good give me a minute. Do not leave it in the cold!

Quote:
roll.png

I raised 3 for 2 years before replacing them on a wildlife reserve up the road from me. . I think I know what I'm talking about.

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~devo0028/contactN.htm#pa

Please
call a professional to help I know everyone means well but you need someone trained to help.

Also please be kind to the people you call they do this out of the kindness of their hearts. Unlike what was posted rehabs and the people that work with then 90% of the time are not paid and they are the ones who pay all the animals bills!! Okay that rant is over.

Quote:
I just want to say that its illegal to do that in some places. The best option is either to leave it back where your niece got it or to take it to the wildlife department near you.

Quote:
roll.png

I raised 3 for 2 years before replacing them on a wildlife reserve up the road from me. . I think I know what I'm talking about.

I am a trained wildlife rehabilitation professional I do know what I am talking about!

Quote:
roll.png

I am a trained wildlife rehabilitation professional I do know what I am talking about!

I'm not going to argue with you on this. I told her what to do till she gets it to someone professional. And what I told her was based on experiance. I lived on Fort Mountain in the rehabilitation portion of the refugee - for 16 years. It was sort of hard to avoid friendly wild life that was placed there after people tried to raise them from babies. We had bears, bobcats, deer, anything you can think of that you would find in the mountains - all in our 10 acres of property at almost constant intervals of the year. If goat and cow milk will kill them then I guess the deer I bottle fed were super-deer or something like that.

Of course you are allowed your own options.
I was trained by the
International Wildlife Rehabilitation Council and National Wildlife Rehabilitators Association. Raise and release over 1500 animals each year and they are not inprinted they are wildlife

Back
Top Bottom