Oh no! Now I’m so worried...

Lovemychickens2020

In the Brooder
May 28, 2020
My broody left her nesting box today for about 20 min this morning. That’s obviously not what worries me bc she has to eat and drink still but what did worry me is that I usually check on her after she goes back in the coop. well....today I got distracted bc my baby (9month old) was having a tough day and was very fussy anyway she went back into the wrong box! I didn’t notice until hours later when I went out to gather eggs after dinner. Today is day 18 for the egg. Will it be ok?

My broody left her nesting box today for about 20 min this morning. That’s obviously not what worries me bc she has to eat and drink still but what did worry me is that I usually check on her after she goes back in the coop. well....today I got distracted bc my baby (9month old) was having a tough day and was very fussy anyway she went back into the wrong box! I didn’t notice until hours later when I went out to gather eggs after dinner. Today is day 18 for the eggs. Will they be ok?
Also I did move her back onto the eggs but still very worried all of her hard work will now be for nothing

They'll probably be fine. :) You'll know for sure in a couple days, and hopefully everything will work out.
If it doesn't at least you'll know why, it's always the eternal question here.
"Why didn't my eggs hatch." ;)

Back
Top Bottom