1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OH NO!!! redue eggs.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Evelle, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    So i have a pet boxer who is wonderful at everything one problem is he steals eggs from my coop if no one is looking [​IMG]. anyways i have a blue cochen who went broody and she was just about to hatch 3 eggs of hers and my darn dog got in and ATE HER EGGS!!![​IMG] completly my bad for leaving the door open and not shuting it behind me. does anyone think that if i put other eggs under her and let her hatch new egg if it would be to stressful on her or do you think she will do fine?? i dont want to discurrage my broody chickens for thats the only way i get baby chicks. [​IMG]

2. Hi! My Cochins (and some other girls) stay broody for most of spring and summer --- much longer than it would take to hatch a single clutch of eggs. I take the chicks as soon as they hatch and add new eggs every week. My broody-girls will walk off the nest when they've had enough.

*I* would give her new eggs. Just make sure she's getting off the nest and getting plenty to eat and drink.
    Good luck!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

3. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    thank you.
    im always worried about them.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by