Oh no storm coming and eggs in bator

If power goes out ill sit em wraped in cloth close to the wood burner.I will also use that hot water in bottle idea (great idea by the way).
Good thing I save lots of glass jars.

Same thing here. Have eggs in bator since Friday and lots of ice expected any day now. Hope the power won't go off.
fl.gif

Quote:
Shelia I hope all goes well for u. My fingers are crossed for you. I hope ur power stays on. My oh my Chicago is going to get slammed.

i have chicks in my bedroom (is that weird??) gotta hide them from the evil cat!! lol and eggs in a bator due to hatch anyday. and one under a broody hen.... hopefully no power outages for me. i need the bator warm and the coop heat lamp on and for sure my chicks have to be warm..

Good luck to everyone hopefully no outages!!
fl.gif
fl.gif

hide.gif
I am right along with the rest of you guys - We may get sleet, freezing rain and up to 10 inches of snow!! I have bator eggs, ones hatching and chicks in the brooder. Hubby supposed to bring home small generator so if the electric goes out, I can protect the babies!!
Good luck to you guys.

The snow has started in Minnesota...we have about 4 inches down so far. It's blowing really bad as well. Good luck to everyone....hopefully no one goes without power for too long.

At Radio Shack, I got a converter that plugs into my cigarette lighter in my car. I think it cost me about $40. Works awesome! Has 3 plug ins.
wink.png
See? I already have a generator...built by Ford!
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Good idea, now for about $70-ish you can get a deep cycle marine battery that will power the inverter you have. Then you can charge that battery from your car while you are driving.

I am in NW Ohio and terrified we will be without power - I have 28 viable eggs due to go into lockdown Wednesday and the storm is supposed to hit tonight. I also have 13 parrots in the house and no power is a big problem since they really shouldn't go down below 50. I am going out after work to see about a small generator to keep a space heater and the bator going should it become necessary. I am afraid it is by the way it looks on the radar at work - I work at the county engineers and we have the highway road crews there - everyone is gearing up for up to 20 inches of snow and half an inch of ice starting tonight and going through Wednesday - plus blowing winds - I am not looking forward to this.........;.

Back
Top Bottom