oh no they grow up too fast

mikensara

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 16, 2011
New York
yup the dreaded day in parent in history when your oldest gets their learners permit. lets hope history doesnt repeat itself and she does as I did total the car 5 minutes after I passed my road test.
hide.gif

Quote:
Probably the most difficult day of my life was when I watched my son drive out of the driveway on his own. I guess we raise them to be independent, but it ain't easy!

shes terrifying. Hope to have a car on the road soon for her our 8 cylinder 4 wheel drives are too big and powerful for her to handle and we cannot afford for either one of them to be wrecked. My mom told me to let her drive them maybe she wont mind letting her use her jeep
lol.png

Thats funny. so what is she learning to drive in? I learnd to drive in my moms, 15 pass. van. now i drive dads F150 ford truck! Love the big cars and trucks. and they are much safer!!! Good Luck!!

Chicken Girl

we have an 05 ford expedition and a 94 chevy silverado its our plow truck, wood hauler, basically a beat up old truck. would rather she drive the truck
lol.png
neighbors gave her their daughters old car she drove for college its a 92 dented up mercedes with no radio
big_smile.png
nothing to really distract her. neighbors are replacing filters and brake lines and brakes on it. they want to be sure is road worthy before we put it on the road. and its rear wheel drive imagine the fun shes gonna have in the winter learning to drive.

Quote:
driving those you should be able to parallel park a school bus.

you would think! But its so funny, cause i get in my sis little jeep, and its too touchy for me! Its like every little thing messes with it.
And its really sad, that i am an all around bad parker. lol
Chicken Girl

My youngest had his learner's permit and was driving my wife to 7-11, 4 blocks away
permit only a week or so old.
He pulled into a parking spot, and somehow got confused, hit the gas,
the car jumped the curb and pushed a trash can right through the front of the store.
Falling glass dented the hood, luckily no one was hurt.
The middle kid whose car he had been driving was furious (as if he were accident free!)

Quote:
oh no so happy no one was hurt. My dd is terrifying she hasnt learned to control the gas pedal and she still under turns the corners. every day she drove has been a near accident.

Back
Top Bottom