OH WOW! Trader Joe eggs, need advice!!!!!

I'm hopeful. The bator is back on, I'm not crazy about the location though and may move it, I also put one in our little tiny yellow incubator. Either way today my sister is picking up more eggs for me down at Trader Joes and I'll be bringing them home, so that'll just add to the fun excitement of egg incubation, and potentially chicken over population :)

You only waited a week? I can't even usually see anything for at least 10 days. LOL

I'd put them back in. I had a broody that I figured had given up on an nest after almost 2 days and she hatched out 8 chicks about a week later.

Every time I go by TJs I almost stop and grab more eggs. I didn't have a great hatch out of 2 dozen the last time, but I did get chicks.

Quote:
LOL I know, I know! I got an earful from my 8 year old! Never again, lesson learned. I promise!

When my husband was alive, I'd be sitting there worried nothing would hatch and he'd laugh and tell me to back off. Half the time I don't even candle. Half the time the shells are too dark. LOL I always got chicks when I listened to him. Kept me sane and grounded. I get decent hatches lately, but after he died I got too technical and detailed and once I mellowed out, my hatches got better again.
We all get antsy sometimes. OH might as well say it now. Lockdown comes, close the bator, and either sit on your hands or walk away. I know there has to be a few nose prints on the glass, but NO FINGER PRINTS! LOL

Back
Top Bottom