OHHHH MY I went and did it ....... Dumb move with it being so cold

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by runamuck, Jan 17, 2009.

1. runamuck

runamuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern michigan
    This Fall a friend of mine offered my daugter and son a couple registered Nigerian Dwarfs does... They are perfect for us... Friendly as heck and ride better in the car then my dogs . Since this breed in a dwarf breed of Milk goats and we would love to milk them sooooo hence........ We need a boy.... We got a Buckling he is 8 wks and is for now living in my basement until it warms up a bit ( ok alot!!!!!!) He was not bottle fed and spent his 1st day with us attacking everyone with his head lol but Now he is becoming a regular snuggle bug and he runs and plays all over the house... Soooo cute
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Poorfarmer

Poorfarmer Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2008
    Sherburne NY
    Guess you can say you have a house goat now. It will never warm up enough to let him out now. [​IMG]

3. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Oh my! He is cute.
    You probably already know this but... Don't let the little fellow head butt people. It's cute when they are babies but not so good when they grow.
    Maybe it was just his way of settling in. Good Luck with him!

4. sewincircle

sewincircle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Central New York
    Quote:FUNNY! Its all over now. He will be so spoiled he will never want to move out. [​IMG]

5. jhm47

jhm47 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    OHHHHHHH! He'll be moving out when he reaches puberty. The smell will permeate everything in your house if he doesn't. Once you get a sniff of a mature billy goat, you'll know what I'm talking about.

6. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    He is ADORABLE, and I love the chocolate color. You're bound to have some nice looking kids by him! CONGRATS!!

7. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    He is so cute! And chocolate is one of my favorite colorings on animals. I have given a deposit to a breeder for a Chocolate and White pinto doe kid so now I have to wait for one to be born. [​IMG] The wait is going to kill me! [​IMG]

[​IMG] And I have two house ND kids…they are bottle babies. I plan this week to start putting them outside on nice days and then bringing them back in at night. Oh my…It is going to be so hard on ME! [​IMG]
    They are my babies! [​IMG]
    Mitzi

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

So CUTE!!!

I want one!! or two!!! or MORE!!!

I was always told that you didn't want a male near your girls when you are milking them, because it would cause the milk to taste bad?

9. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Quote:I so far have found this to NOT be true. Even when the does are in milk and WITH the buck being bred back...the milk tastes the same. [​IMG]

10. runamuck

runamuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern michigan
    As soon as it hits 40s Hes outta here or he gets stinky which ever comes first..... Its now day 4 of being here and he does't headbutt anymore. He was in Defensive mode being dam raised and not alot of human contact. Now hes a cuddle bug will sit in your lap, play with the dogs , chase the cat ( cat is not tooo pleased with this) We are working on socalization and car rides due to at one point he will be wethered after we get some young ones out of him and will be going to fairs during the summer with us. Allie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by