Ohiki Chicken Thread

Pics
New pics of Bali! His tail is really starting to take off.. Very happy with him..

He is starting to have a train behind him LOL>>> Love these guy's personalities..

Last edited:
Like to Thank Toni for the chance to work with these. I am focusing on white, silver, and bbred.. But enjoying the other colors that come out also..

I see what you are saying now, they sure look blue or dun to me. Think Toni does have a few crteam based ones...never worked with it myself so not sure of it's effect. Now that you post it and I look over mine, I do have a silver chick with that pattern. Was thinking it was a phoenix, they are all in the same brooder. But looked at it while feeding, it's ohiki for sure

I see what you are saying now, they sure look blue or dun to me. Think Toni does have a few crteam based ones...never worked with it myself so not sure of it's effect. Now that you post it and I look over mine, I do have a silver chick with that pattern. Was thinking it was a phoenix, they are all in the same brooder. But looked at it while feeding, it's ohiki for sure

I know Toni used chocolate cochins at some point, so perhaps it is dun. Glad you have one too. I have been wondering what was going on. I mark them when they are born and there were not phoenix in there.. Just ohiki.. So I'm not crazy.. LOL> And now that you mention it, it looks like my mottled choc ko... SO probably dun..

yep looked more dun to me

Yep she has done the dun cochins in them before, actually hatched some solid duns from her recently. and she has worked dun into several patterns as well in them... that would have to be my bet

here's the dun cuckoo d'anver I made

And the blues I made

you can see a clear color difference in them.

But then here is a solid dun, he looks almost black except for the lack of shine to the feathers.

yep looked more dun to me

Yep she has done the dun cochins in them before, actually hatched some solid duns from her recently. and she has worked dun into several patterns as well in them... that would have to be my bet

here's the dun cuckoo d'anver I made

And the blues I made

you can see a clear color difference in them.

But then here is a solid dun, he looks almost black except for the lack of shine to the feathers.

oh, thanks for the pics. This totally clears it up. I have one hen that is barred that looks kind of messed up I thought. She has the same brownish coloration on her. She is more than likely the one making the duns.. LOL> I feel stupid, I thought she was off colored but because she was barred and darker like your last roo pictured, I thought it was just an incomplete barred or something.. OK>> DUN IT IS>> So they are dun cuckoo... Great.. Pretty at any rate..

almost forgot, I wanted to post some pics of the chicks..
smile.png
(I will take some of the older ones when I get a chance..)

Back
Top Bottom