Ohiki Chicken Thread

Pics
That's good to know. Already got projects in mind, now I know what the best crosses to look for will be to get them started.
Can thankfully do a good bit with the ones I have, which is a Godsend. It kinda sicken me to even think of outcrossing them after all that's been put into them. But in the long run, It will help strenghten the breed by introducing new blood to them, which is always a good thing. Already been looking for a good colored pair of millie cochins. I've got to do that one for sure. Thanks for the breeding pointers though, once I do make an outcross, I do want to be sure it's in the right direction

well
To my surprise , I have 2 eggs this evening from the ohikis!! That didnt take long. Wasnt expecting anything for a couple more months so they are all in together. No idea who the parents are, but either way...they'll be ohikis and that's all that matters to me.

Congratulations! Need to see some pics when they hatch!
smile.png

Here is a picture of one of my favorite young males that I have right now. He is out of a Gold Ginger to a Gold Dun. I love the color that he is ( you can not see it in the picture but his tail is Dun and not black ) and has very good feathering. He is not for sale.

54192_dscn0911w.jpg

Quote:
He looks great Chuck, but so does the hen in the background..................................................................chrisf

Quote:
He looks great Chuck, but so does the hen in the background..................................................................chrisf

I was just about to say the same, that solid dun girl caught my eye....come on Chuck... sell 'em HAHA
The male is a looker though, I've always like that color in your birds, and dun based to boot. You can see it... I get that alot in my birds on the dun based. You put up a pic of one with not a large area to look at for dun and that's what you hear...I dont see any brown...
lol.png
...IT'S THERE though

very nice

Back
Top Bottom