Ohiki Chicken Thread

Pics
I have not got to post update pictures of some of my birds yet so here is some.

Young F1 non-moult project Ohiki male.

Young F1 non-moult project Ohiki female.

This little male is out of my Barred Ohiki project that I have been working on.

One o my young Black project Ohiki male. Need more work to clean them up and get the white ear lobs but so far I am happy with them.

On the f1 male, what are the criteria that you set for non molting? Did he come from non molters or that is what you bred specific for in some way?

I have not got to post update pictures of some of my birds yet so here is some.

Young F1 non-moult project Ohiki male.

Young F1 non-moult project Ohiki female.

This little male is out of my Barred Ohiki project that I have been working on.

One o my young Black project Ohiki male. Need more work to clean them up and get the white ear lobs but so far I am happy with them.

Chuck, the cockerel in the third pic is really nice.. I like the black too.. He is a beauty..

On the f1 male, what are the criteria that you set for non molting? Did he come from non molters or that is what you bred specific for in some way?

The male and the female both came from a non-moulting hen to a Ohiki male. The hen is out of Toni's non-moulting Ohiki project that she started. She told me the one she used was from her best non-moult male she has. I love the way they are starting to look!

Last edited:
Thanks Aubrey and Amanda!

Amanda that is the little Black one I was telling you about on the phone that has some color showing in him. Its not much so far.

The Barred in the third picture is from the same White male as the non-moult ones. I took and bred my best Barred hen to him to work on more Barreds.

Thanks Aubrey and Amanda!

Amanda that is the little Black one I was telling you about on the phone that has some color showing in him. Its not much so far.

The Barred in the third picture is from the same White male as the non-moult ones. I took and bred my best Barred hen to him to work on more Barreds.
I don't think he will put on much more color.. He looks far enough along.. Pretty much solid black.. Use the dark faced hens.. Preferably with good ear lobe color..

I'm hoping he don't. The hen he is in with does have a little darker face and good ear lobs so I hope what I get from that will be better. Plus I got two nice little pullets growing up also that is looking good I was thinking of breeding him to. Both with dark faces.

those should end up looking great Chuck. I agree with Amanda, I think that black male is done about all he'll do leakage wise. Everything I have had here is usually done by his age with the new leaky feathers coming in. Sounds like you are on a good path with it with what you just said. Good luck with them!!

Back
Top Bottom