Ohio Chickenstock???

AngieMaesChix

Chicken Tender
Apr 8, 2018
Defiance, Ohio
Does Ohio have any?? Or is anyone interested in helping plan one?? I’ve been keeping an eye out and haven’t seen anything.. see the Michigan one don’t really wanna go to Lansing but may just to attend one..or maybe Indiana? I live in NW Ohio prefer not travel more than few hours if possible..but really wanna check one out!! Wish I could go to I think it’s New York’s they do it at a campground all weekend now that would be fun!!!!

Do go! It's AMAZING. Go early to visit the sales pens. Many birds being shown are sold, but can't be released until the END of the show.

I am going this year very excited..Have you watched the Chicken People Documentary? It’s pretty cool starts off at the Ohio show..Follows three different breeders..It’s worth the watch I watched it free on Vudu..I’m hoping they have some nice Barred Rocks there!!

In looking for some OH show, I came across these links. There is a swap on April 7 via the Dayton Fancy Feathers club, but maybe more of what you are looking for is the spring show. This spring show is in Greenville, OH and appears to be about 1.5 hours from you (Cloverdale). To see the brochure for the spring show, use first link (dayton) and scroll down to "catalog" under Spring show.

I think there is a poultry club in Lima, too, but don't have a link.

https://www.daytonfancyfeatherclub.com/

https://www.poultryshowcentral.com/poultry-show-dates.html

https://www.poultryshowcentral.com/Ohio.html

I am going this year very excited..Have you watched the Chicken People Documentary? It’s pretty cool starts off at the Ohio show..Follows three different breeders..It’s worth the watch I watched it free on Vudu..I’m hoping they have some nice Barred Rocks there!!

We have watched it. The National Poultry Show in Columbus is normally in November. We've gone about 4 times. I bought my (pet) Old English Game Bantams there in the sales pen area, so I could get all pullets and different colors. I usually paid 5.00 per bird, sometimes more. Show birds at the time sold for about 20. for bantams; I never asked about standard sized chickens. Of course you are running a disease risk buying there, but I didn't really have a choice since bantams are sold straight run, and I live in the city and can't have a rooster. As we all know, like cats, anybody who wants a roo already has six... If you want to purchase there, go as soon as they will let you in, if you want to buy from the sales pens (breeders' excess/unwanted birds.) The birds in the show pens can often be purchased if you can find the owners. Again, they can't release the bird to you until the show is over. If you can buy your birds elsewhere, that would probably be good. There are SO many breeders and chicken-owning enthusiasts (my husband says "chicken groupies") that biosecurity has to be pretty well shot. That's probably why high-placing birds are for sale vs. returning to their coops.

Back
Top Bottom