OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Hey everyone! How many of you have broody hen now? I am waiting fir one of mine to start sitting but not one yet.

Cabinchicky I actually have 2 Broodys right now both are Rhodebars. Waiting till this weekend when it warms up a bit to put eggs under.
1f601.png

I'm just north of Dayton on 75. We breed Swedish Fliwer Hens &just starting with Isbars.
I have a SFH roo who is 21 weeks, a real sweetie but I have 3 breeding roosters & don't need him. He is $15.

I also have an Isbar rooster he is a year old. A sweet gentle boy. $15 also.

for the record I got mine from Meyer hatchery. If you are ordering mail order you need to buy a certain amount. If you drive down then you can get any amount you want. Three of us went down and we got a total of 18 birds. One died a couple weeks later but the rest have survived. We ordered 18 hens. Out of the 18 we got one rooster which is a pretty good percentage but unfortunately I was the lucky one. The people there were a great help

Meyer Hatchery preferences here also. I have not yet been there. Have had great luck with their chicks survival, but please note the Brahmas and Cochins are not show quality. I don't show but if you are after fully feathered leggs on Brahmas keep looking. OH!Last I knew Mt. Healthy kept having salmonella outbreaks over a year ago two yrs straight. If you want starter birds fir your own use go to Meyer or TSC or Rural King. If you want birds for show for fair look for a breeder who sticks to the SOP.

Big Medicine how is your stock of Light Brahmas doing? I would still love to get a start of your big beautiful stock.Any color really, ya know I have a thing for feathered legs and feet.

Back
Top Bottom