OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Pics
welcome-byc.gif
Dave!

Thanks, Amy. Unfortunately, all of them are not so cute. I also have an old 8x8 that we're going to demolish this fall. I cannot wait to have it down and put a new coop up
big_smile.png

I live in Millersburg. I am North of Columbus and south of Cleveland. This is a few pics of my coop. In front I have a broiler. Each coop int the yard is 5x7x10. (I think)
And off to the side have a brooder coop. It is 3 of the large coops together and then covered in chicken wire. The table there to the side is what we used to butcher.
HPIM4867.jpg

HPIM4870.jpg

Brooder coop, its not pretty but it gets the job done! (And yep in the background thats a baby fawn, still had its spots there were 2 of them running around my yard. Pretty sure they lost their mom)
HPIM2459.jpg

I'm not even sure where Coshocton is - heard of it though! I'm west of Cleveland up by the lake. Tell us about your chickens!!

We've got 14 laying hens and a rooster, 5 bantam hens and a rooster, and an order of 11 buff orpington hens and 1 rooster on the way. Oh - 12 button quail eggs in the incubator too!

You will find that this is all VERY addicting!!! Enjoy!!

Cindy

Coshocton is pretty small! The nearest real town is Zanesville.
smile.png
We're outside of town in the country. Nice and peaceful ... until the kids wake up! LOL

We have 26 Dominques baby girls in the basement in a chickie pen! Our first chickies! One is already a full fledged pet - she flies up to your hand and sits on your arm while you clean the pen! They are just over 2 weeks old. I love them! We have 25 more Dominques on order for this August. That group will be a straight run so we'll have a few roosters. The extra hens and roosters we're giving to some neighbors so they will have eggs and chickies. But I get to raise them and make them pets for them! I love fuzzy chickies!

We have a small farm here that we bought about a year and half ago. It's 19 acres and a mess still but we love it! There's always a project or something that needs to be fixed. The goats are helping mow it down. Goats are wonderful lawmowing brush eaters! We just need more goats! LOL

Back
Top Bottom