OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Quote:
How good of quality are you wanting? If you want show, it will be a while. I have some nice birds though that I hatched here from others eggs that are not going to make my breeding pens dues to missing toenails/crooked toes/single combs. Other than that they are turning into gorgeous birds and would make awesome pets. Roos and pullets available. I am in southern Ohio about 1.5hrs from downtown columbus.

I love the silkies (thinking I might get a couple next year) Hubby told me no way those arent chickens !! They are poodles and you already have a poodle lol. Silly farm boy !!

Chrissy

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

I live in Burton, Ohio and have no chickens yet, our town is rural, but does not allow livestock. I am going to pursue getting a variance for 3 - 4 hens only.

Been on the forum about a week.

Got 7 Golden Comets, 11 New Hampshire Reds in the last 2 weeks from TSC, hopefully all pullets as stated. They were shipped in from Mt Healthy Hatchery and from what they could tell me at TSC they would not have been vaccinated? So will I need to do that for Marans down the road as I've never had chickens here.
83091_chicks_3_sizes.jpg

Sandusky County Ohio, living in town, under the radar as general code is in direct conflict with zoning laws as relates to chickens! So I read the general code online and thought I was good to go!

I own a herd of 30 + alpacas located between Lindsey and Elmore and Hessville that I go out to and care for daily! I spin their wool into yarn, about 1/2 ounce an hour!

Plan B for the hens is to go out to the farm, but with coyotes and racoons and low supervision and 3 roosters across the road to come over and lure them away, there will be losses!

Plan C is to rehome WHEN necessary. Hope I get some eggs first!

Plan A is to live happily under the radar with them in chicken tractors (2) in the yard, we will see!

Been here 10 years, SF East Bay (Union City) 17 years, here 3 years, USAF 6 years (England, Germany, Turkey, MS, SC, TX, IN), Washington State born and raised! Honest! I'm just a Spring Chicken!

Previously, in CA, I owned parrots (poicephalus, pyhurras, tiels, keets) and hand raised about 100 babies a year for 10 years! I have NO IDEA why I got chickens at TSC this year! Panicking over the gasoline prices and having a food supply and egg whites are such a GREAT PROTEIN source for dieting. So there you go, CHICKENS!

Cheers All!

Last edited:
Quote:
Forgot to add That I have 4 Black Australorps , 3 Gold Comets and 3 Tetra Tints. We really only planned on getting 4 maybe 6 but as I was waiting for tsc to get pullets in I fell in love with those adorable lil penguin chicks (australorps). I told my hubby not to worry cause atleast 1 or 2 of them will probably be a roo but I am hopeing they are all girls lol .

Chrissy

Quote:
Livestock!?!?!?! My chickens would need to rethink their self-esteem if someone called them livestock!
31816_bellinni.jpg
31816_img_0243.jpg
31816_picture_24.jpg

Last edited:
Hi All! I am in Southeast Ohio right beside the Ohio River. I am looking for Orpingtons. Anyone know where I can find any close by. I am new to this so I really do not want to start out with young chicks. Thanks for the help!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom