OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Swedish Flower Hens & Blue Splash Marans are hatching. Let me know if you are interested.
awww I want them. Not sure if hubby would go for it. Do you usually hatch the Marans this time of yr or even earlier? How much do you want?

I am in Geauga County in northeast Ohio. Just starting out on this adventure with 6 Golden Comet chicks. Hope to build our coop over the next week or so during our spring break. Any other northeast Ohio folks out there??

I'm in Geauga County, Chardon area. Only a year into chicken parenting myself but love backyard chickens for all the friendly advice. Good Luck!

Last edited:
I'm in Geauga County, Chardon area. Only a year into chicken parenting myself but love backyard chickens for all the friendly advice. Good Luck!
cool beans, oldest daughter lives in Chardon, small world. I can't believe how big our Ohio chicken group is, and we're new at this too!

By Utica Ohio. South of Mansfield, North of Lancaster.
Starting much smaller than originally wanted. But at least it's a start. Lol. EE, BO, BA and 2 surprises, of course with my math I'll be coming home withis amt to finish off the dozen (haha)
Congratulations on your flock start. Flocks tend to grow rather quickly.

Yep, chicken math is a real thing. Started out only wanting 12 3 yrs ago. Umm 2 coop builds later I now have 40 with more due to hatch soon and a hen that just went broody. It's really not that bad of an addiction to have.

thank you:D yes they do. Originally I wanted to start with 35 but the coop we have got doesn't allow it, so in the mean time I'm ALWAYS looking at different means to expand or redo coop altogether. Fxing hubs can expand it to fit the chicks we'll have. But the amt (6=9) was just to tell him-this is it I'm starting them now and there's nothing you can do about it. Lmbo.

Yep, chicken math is a real thing. Started out only wanting 12 3 yrs ago. Umm 2 coop builds later I now have 40 with more due to hatch soon and a hen that just went broody. It's really not that bad of an addiction to have.
amazing I've never heard of this but naturally I've always had it. It's not fair!! We get chicks from hatchery and yet we want chicks faster from farm stores...the world's true major dilemma :D

Well I had 18 at the beginning of this year. One trip to a breeder added 2 bantam mottled cochins and 9 coturnix quail. Well then we went to Rural King a month or so later to bring home 3 guinea and 6 black australorp(1 died). Have just had 3 hatch in my incubator and currently have a hen sitting on 3 eggs that I know of. She went into rabid hen mode and I leave her alone on her nest. I did see 3 in the box earlier but I couldn't catch or bribe her out later. So um I guess I went full bird crazy this year.I still have room for more going by 4x4 sq. ft. per bird . Glad I have the space!

Last edited:
Well I had 18 at the beginning of this year. One trip to a breeder added 2 bantam mottled cochins and 9 coturnix quail. Well then we went to Rural King a month or so later to bring home 3 guinea and 6 black australorp(1 died). Have just had 3 hatch in my incubator and currently have a hen sitting on 3 eggs that I know of. She went into rabid hen mode and I leave her alone on her nest. I did see 3 in the box earlier but I couldn't catch or bribe her out later. So um I guess I went full bird crazy this year.I still have room for more going by 4x4 sq. ft. per bird . Glad I have the space!
see...thats what I'm lacking-the extra space. I had the chance to get female Isa browns for 50 cents but had to get 6, couldn't do it :/ truly heartbroken

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom