OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Hello,
I was wondering how are the wheatens and marans doing? Have the marans start laying yet? I would love to see the color of the eggs.
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png

Here is almost everyone having some oatmeal today. They are all spoiled.

No eggs yet. I don't expect the Marans to lay for another month or so. I'm so excited to get two new egg colors. The Wheatens are still little sweeties. They let me snuggle them a little here and there.

Here is almost everyone having some oatmeal today. They are all spoiled.

No eggs yet. I don't expect the Marans to lay for another month or so. I'm so excited to get two new egg colors. The Wheatens are still little sweeties. They let me snuggle them a little here and there.

Is that a rooster, i see?? Lol
He is gorgeous and hopefully a keeper.
1f609.png

Hello from Willowick, OH! I live about 25 minutes northeast of Cleveland and thanks largely to this awesome website, I have 6 ducklings on order from Meyers Hatchery that will hopefully arrive tomorrow!

My husband and I also have three Yorkshire terriers and almost all of our backyard has been converted into raised bed gardens. We hope to buy a farm within the next few years and then I can have ducks as well chickens, plus sheep and goats and geese and maybe pigs! :D

Welcome! And congrats on the duckies! I would love to have some garden beds but right now I don't have enough time. Hopefully you can move to a farm someday and have all those animals, they sure are fun!

Is that a rooster, i see?? Lol
He is gorgeous and hopefully a keeper.
1f609.png

He looks like a dinosaur!

Clearly I shouldn't pick out chicks. 1 out of 4 was female. The grey one with brown highlights is also a roo. No crowing from that one yet but the look is there for sure. I know we can't keep both so I'm waiting to see who's nicer to the girls.

He looks like a dinosaur!

Clearly I shouldn't pick out chicks. 1 out of 4 was female. The grey one with brown highlights is also a roo. No crowing from that one yet but the look is there for sure. I know we can't keep both so I'm waiting to see who's nicer to the girls.

Do you have any clue what breed are they?? I know some breeds are better then others. My speckled Sussex is a brute now but if he doesn't watch his P's and Q's, he is going going gone! I won't have a mean rooster.
My Orpingtons by far are the best roosters, i have 5 Orpingtons now and they all get along. I did keep one marans rooster and he isn't to bad except when Sussex rooster is being a brat towards the babies. He will chase him down and peck him in the head. Lol

Well I am at 48 birds for now. 18 are quail. Hubby said you realize now how many you have.??? Well yes, yes I do, but there are 14 in the bator due this weekend too!

Back
Top Bottom