OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

They're just mixing it around for you, they "helping!"

Brisk but sunny here today. :)

Has anyone preserved their eggs in lime solution? Is it safe to give shells from those eggs back to my flock, or is it safer not to do so?
I agree with others and do not feel it is worth the risk. A bag of Oyster Shell is a lot cheaper than a sick bird. I am just not a gambler myself. I have some that I need to pitch as I didn't expect our winter to be so mild and I have an overabundance of them now. I hate to have to throw them out but I have had them for a while now, over a year and don't trust any of them. Good luck with your decision.

I agree with others and do not feel it is worth the risk. A bag of Oyster Shell is a lot cheaper than a sick bird. I am just not a gambler myself. I have some that I need to pitch as I didn't expect our winter to be so mild and I have an overabundance of them now. I hate to have to throw them out but I have had them for a while now, over a year and don't trust any of them. Good luck with your decision.
You have water glassed eggs that are a year old? Please don't throw them out! I've eaten water glassed eggs that were over two years old, they were great! Scrambled, omelets, or in baking, they have uses. Even dehydrating them would be better than tossing them

You have water glassed eggs that are a year old? Please don't throw them out! I've eaten water glassed eggs that were over two years old, they were great! Scrambled, omelets, or in baking, they have uses. Even dehydrating them would be better than tossing them
Oh I didn't know they would keep that long. Right now I have an over abundance of eggs. I need to find some people that want them. I have some contacts, I just haven't had time to contact them and the one that I did never responded.

Thank you! I did decide to just toss them into the trash. It's not that big a deal.

Good evening! God bless all my Ohio friends. ❤️ :ya
Good evening Mark and God Bless You Too. I have missed seeing you on here and pray that your flock is all doing well. Did you ever get some ducks. Our TSC in the next town had Pekin Ducks for 2 dollars yesterday because they were getting too big to keep. A bunch of them too. I don't care for Pekin because of the leg problems and have two Call Ducklings coming this week from Metzer so I don't need anymore babies. It was great to see you on here!!!

BROODY FOR HIRE (serious)
signal-2024-03-24-12-26-33-141.jpg

Hi everyone. This is a serious post, believe it or not. I have an extremely stubborn broody named Ursula. She won't stop until she has chicks. The only problem is, I can't take anymore chicks right now because I am going on a trip in June and don't trust a sitter to watch over young chickens for me. She's gonna starve herself staying broody, so I was wondering if anyone would want to make a deal with me: buy some hatching eggs (or I will buy some local barnyard mix eggs), let Ursula hatch them out, and I will give you whatever hatches, free of charge.

She's a proven mother, as I let her raise my meat chicks last fall (put day old chicks under her). She stayed with them for 6 weeks! I'm happy to keep the newly hatched chicks with Ursula for little after hatch, but you'll have to get them within two or 3 weeks so I'm not losing too much on feed costs.

Anyway, I'm on the west side of Cleveland. Please let me know if you're interested and we can get this started ASAP!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom