OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Yes, I still have my 2 older ones that are about 7 years old now and no longer lay, just pets, then I got these 2 new ones from TSC about 3 weeks ago that are probably close to 4 or 5 weeks old now. These are the ones that I think I might have a drake and a Hen but not sure yet.
I still have my 2 older Mallard Hens that are about 3 years old now and one Mallard Drake Runner. If I rehome any it would be the two Drakes in the bunch because I have small Hens and the Mallard Runner won't leave my big Muscovy and Mule Ducks alone. I might be hatching out some Hinnie Ducks soon. My Muscovy is sitting on eggs and they will be from a Muscovy Hen and a Mallard Runner Drake. If Hens hatch they will be able to lay great eggs but they will not be fertile. My Mule doesn't lay, she's just a big pet almost the size of a Goose, lol.

I hope you have Hens and Good Luck to you too Mark. Knobby rescues Drakes, we will have to get in touch with him, lol. I have a friend that wants to start a drake flock so I might be in luck rehoming mine. I hate to see him go, he's absolutely beautiful but such a little butthead.
Yes I do! They all deserve a good life and I could care less if they are male or females...we're talking about ducks, of course.

How do you keep the drakes from over mating your Hens or pestering them to death. I think you said one time you have a lots of land if I remember right.
We have 12 acres and I wind up building separate coops/runs for the ones that I rescue. I try and keep the males separated from the females to avoid conflict...but do keep a single male in with them.

Back
Top Bottom