Ohio Issue 2, How should I vote?

I'm pretty much lost on this issue as well. I read the language that will show up on the ballot here: http://www.sos.state.oh.us/sos/upload/ballotboard/2009/2-final_language.pdf

My
understanding is that if Issue 2 passes, we get:
A state constitutional amendment
A board of 13 folks that I can't imagine will ever come close to a consensus. How are their determinations made? majority vote, etc?
An additional set of restrictions on top of any Federal mandates that come down the road. That sounds like a real bonus. I'd imagine the Fed will hold the trump card regardless of how the state feels.

If it fails, what happens? I'm evidently missing something here. Things go on as they are today, and have been for xxx years?

I want to do the right thing- for me and the family farmer. I don't hold the factory egg farms in real high regard. Sure they keep the egg prices low in the stores and keep the migrants/illegals busy. It bothers me when I drive by the factory farms at Croton to think of how many layers are crammed in each cage, in each huge barn, at each of their many sites in the area.

I'm also concerned about what the cage-free movement will do to ME. I don't "cage" my chickens. I do however, lock up my coop at night, essentially making it an inescapable, impenetrable box, or cage as it could be construed. The same could be said for a giant barn.

I feel that I'm pretty much redefining conflicted on this Issue and I'm running out of time to get educated.

The way I understand from some of the local farmers is they would like this bill past so the tree huggers don't get control. Why do we have to give anyone control. Generations have been producing their own food supply without government or others control. Why can't we just leave it the way it is? I am not sure how to vote yet. If we vote yes we create jobs for a group that could possible be come extremist like the tree huggers. If we vote no we take a chance that the treehuggers come in and dictate to us. Part of me says take the chance.

Don't misunderstand I am a treehugger just not an extremist. I recycle try to do everything as green as possible.

Quote:
You are on the right track. We can leave it just the way it is and has been for 100's of years.

I say if organization wants a fight let them start it and we will be glad to finish it with a great be NO to them too. We Ohioans are smart enough to figure this out without giving up one ounce of freedom.

So the real question on election day is this:

Do I give up my freedom now without a fight?

OR

Do I keep my freedom and fight organization, PETA, and anyone else that believe they have the right to take my freedom away?

To me the choice is simple, I'll keep my freedom with a great big NO vote.

I'm just one vote, but NO it is for me. I'm not a tree-hugger, P3TA's best friend or in the H5US's pocket. I also don't go for the scare tactics. The more I read on this, the more I think that this was brought about because the FACTORY farmer is looking for a safety net from the state.

Back
Top Bottom